Forbes: Is "RussiaGate" Really "HillaryGate"?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 21, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Bernie's most rabid online "followers". It's more of a given name than a taken name, I think. They're out there like the left version of the alt-right.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just asking because that is what people called me. Last I checked, bots don't have to pay rent or work jobs.

3. JayVols

You're not a Bernie Bro as I have seen them. You're a Bernie supporter, imo.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I love this far left and far right qualification. Just go ahead and call it like it is. Both major political parties are lined with dirtbags out for one personal agenda or the other. Both want to force their way of thinking on you, and both treat we the peon public as cattle. Both have plenty who would get in bed with Putin without batting an eye. Far left and far right, my brown eye.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

5. JayVols

Not much to argue here, but the qualifying the extremes is necessary, imho. These are people waaay out there. These are the people not interested in consensus. There are more & more of these types, so I can understand blurring of the lines. I still believe there are lines however faint they may be right now.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Except that the Republicans are not a singular point of view these days. It really is a fully dysfunctional party. They can't agree on what day of the week it is. I am not extoling their virtuous hearts, but the old guard, which you accurately describe, has been nullified by Libertarian/Freedom Caucus/Centrist (is that all of them) factions. But, never fear, they are working hard to line the pockets of corporate America. Tax Breaks for EVERYONE!

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ding ding ding. One side is just crying about it now since they lost.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this kind of head-in-sand indifference to events is how we have arrived at the very place you now apathetically describe.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure what you mean?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You get shitty leaders and government when you constantly conflate all actions and individuals as being equally shitty. It makes being truly shitty, and degrees of shittyness, no longer a liability.

We have foreign meddling in an election, and the response is "the losers may have done it to." Uh, okay. But what about the people in charge now?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think the problem is more a sense of double jeopardy. Trump has been dealing with howling about Russia and impeachment for so long and with so little evidence, it's almost like the case against him already failed and now that there is new evidence that actually seems to be something it's inconsequential to a lot of people.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is a big difference

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

To me, they are a singular howl. These recent revelations are directly related to what had been denied before: meeting with Russians during the campaign. We now know that this is actually true, by Trump Jr's admission. And yet here we are, in a thread about how this is really Hillarygate... It's insane.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's insane that there was an attempt to impeach him almost immediately after he took office with colliding with Russia as one of the reasons.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There has been no serious attempt to impeach him. There have been a couple of individuals trying to make a name for themselves. The investigation continues.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's been 24/7 coverage. Late night comedians joking about fellatio. Every democrat on the planet posting 800 articles on Facebook. But for the most part it was all insubstantial. The comments from that CNN producer reflect how a lot of people think/thought. "If it were going to happen it would have happened by now. Must not be anything serious. On to the next crisis."

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I know, right. It isn't like he was born in Kenya or anything.

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Collusion is not a crime. Getting dirt on Hildabeast is not a crime. Any crime if it exists is ancillary to the current public dialog.

Mueller as expected is going to expand th investigation into tangential areas in hope of finding a jot or tittle out of place with the law. That should be reasonably possible under todays legal system where everything is a crime and being alive is illegal.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I am now obligated to inform you that are unable to make an argument without saying, "But, but, but so and so did it!".

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Right.

After barely 5 months, everyone is super mature now. And no, no, solidarity, because, look, we're really sorry. Really.

And it doesn't matter that there are those, even here, who have stated, within the YEAR, that they believe Obama to have been potentially born in another country... we've grown, together.

God damn, man. It must be so awesome to hold the high ground. This election cycle...