Former Vols reflect on their time at Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Jul 27, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I believe I was told that the coaches spoke for 5 minutes of that halftime. Al talked the rest of the time.

2. CardinalVol

My favorite al Wilson moment is 98 Arkansas when he got injured and refused to be helped off the field and walked off on his own power. As in, he shoved the trainers away who were trying to help him off.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I used to work at HBH in Knoxville the week or so before Christmas. They'd literally let you work 18-20 hour days. The following week I'd go out West with the Ski and Snowboard Club (huge boozefest...great time), and I'd make enough at HBH to cover the trip. And I worked my way up from ham unpacker, to guy who places the ham on the blowtorch stands, to ham scraper, to ham wrapper, to ham weigher......and all the way up to ham blowtorcher, which was the top of the ladder. It's literally just blowtorched sugar on top of those hams. There is some skill to blowtorching them, though. Getting the sugar on there and skorched all nice and even like.

Oh, and I turned 21 on the back of a ham truck. The manager offered me a valium. I politely declined.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Peyton Manning got to pick the Broncos warm up music today.

[video=youtube;3VbSwJaUeCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbSwJaUeCU[/video]

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I've never seen a man so bad at dancing.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You have. On this forum even.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Wes Welker gets into it.

8. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

The story is now on the Yahoo home page.

Here is the light bulb story. I posted it in the "Dooley stories" thread here. It came from toos awhile back. I'm not sure if it is exactly what Tony is talking about, but I'm sure it's pretty close. It seems like he really liked to tell everyone to do their job, when he didn't know a damn thing about his own.

Somebody on toos had a story about him coming to a hardware store they worked at. They said it was right around closing time , and he walked in to buy some light bulbs. Wasn't friendly , and seemed pissed off. At least , that is what this poster said. He went and got his item , walked to the employee , and started questioning him about the bulb in every way he could. He wanted to know the details and everything about it. The employee (the poster in this case and college student) told him he wasn't sure "Sir" , but he could try and find out. He claimed Dooley put the item down , pointed his finger at him and said "Next time I come here , I expect you to know everything about the stuff I might buy. Learn about what you sell , and do your damn job". He then walked out mad as hell and that was that.

#DDIAPOS

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah the radio will be on at work today.

10. CardinalVol

Is this going to be the entire show?

11. Off Left Tackle

Off Left Tackle New Member

Derrik Dolittle. Nuff said.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Excellent first post. Welcome.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would pay good money to kick him in the nuts or one good haymaker to his smug face.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I imagine it will depend on who all calls

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What's the story with the pic?

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He'd smack you in the mouth, and you'd just stand there, IMO.

17. CardinalVol

After the 2011 UK game, he went to Honeybaked Ham sometime in December to get the family ham. Dude took a picture of it, internet had fun with it, and it was just another kick in the balls of the Doolittle era.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Ah. I might have gone on a hiatus after that game.

19. CardinalVol

Was nothing major. Just another in the string of the "kick me in the balls" moments.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If I were him, I would have been afraid of what "topping" had been put on the ham. You have buffer people to do stuff like that for a reason!