Fulmers list of coaches.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 1, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Well, his team played in the conference championship game in year one and pushed Clemson. Year two they lost to GTech, Clemson and Miami.

That is a damn good start. To me, anyway.

10SEvols likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That’s kinda my thought, I’m just not sure why VT wasn’t kicking ass this year—because they weren’t.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

then

But I still agree that’s moronic.

smokysbark likes this.
  4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Thanks honey

A-Smith and TennTradition like this.
  5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He doesn’t have an engaging personality. Never lost less than 2 games. His success is in a conference that is Not that strong at this time. How the hell did someone say he isn’t trending down? 12 wins, 10 wins, 9 wins. Plot that on a graph and add a linear slope.

If you like him, fine. But Les’s last 3 full seasons were 10, 8, 9 in the toughest football division. So I don’t see Shaw being any better. We can differ on opinions and that’s just life.

6. TDVol1989

The difference between you and me? I don’t sum up my opinion of you in an insult. I clearly State what i believe. I prefer more intense personalities. How is that moronic?

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So you'd take Butch over David Shaw?

8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Not a big fan of Fuente.

Patterson would be a homerun.

9. TDVol1989

Find where I quoted that. Go ahead and you do it. Then come back with something factual. There is absolutely NOTHING weaker than taking someone’s opinion and restating it in a way to suggest you hate baby harp seals.

Remember I was the guy who was volunteering to fire him.

10. InVolNerable

Butch's intensity > Shaw's intensity. Therefore, you prefer Butch.

Yeah, but that's apparently your answer for everything.

11. TDVol1989

Your connection to me preferring Butch is weak. Come on. Just move on. Gruden is more intense. Brohm is more intense. Even Petersen is. Those are my top 3. Feel free to disagree with my opinion of Shaw but don’t argue I prefer Butch because you are too proud to let it go. There are intense coaches I don’t like as well...see PJ Fleck. But all things being even I prefer s coach to act like losing sucks.

12. TennTradition

I’m not saying you are a moron? I’m Stating that the idea Chad Morris is a better hire than Shaw is moronic. Because It is?

I think that Shaw is too conservative but I am not a fan of Chad Morris as a HC. I liked his offenses at Clemson but he has no real tree as most of his career was in the high school ranks and then pretty quickly to Clemson. He can recruit Texas but that’s not where we are going to move the dial on talent. Never have and won’t with him. And I don’t think his work at SMU shows he has great chops as a HC.

13. InVolNerable

Hey man, you said it. You prefer intense personalities. Butch's personality is way more intense than David Shaw's. Therefore, you prefer Butch. Don't get mad at me because you have terrible opinions.

14. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I would take Fuente right after Peterson says no.

15. TDVol1989

My opinion is Morris has more upside but I don’t want him or Shaw

16. TDVol1989

Just because I prefer more intense personalities doesn’t mean that is the only criteria. I am not mad but you are making some terribly inaccurate assumptions

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There might be reasons to not take Fuente.

“Butch beat his ass” isn’t one.

Tar Volon, 10SEvols and bostonvol like this.
  18. TennTradition

I’m just not a Morris guy. I think he’d really struggle. Shaw is a straight up leader. He’s not going to win a natty but he’d do very well.

With that said, Shaw’s not going anywhere and surely we wouldn’t call Morris.

19. InVolNerable

Whatever you say, Butch's ball boy.

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Awful silent amongst the Brice's,Hargis's and Wallace's of the world. I mean you can hear a pin drop. Nothing.
    Grudemania is coming!