POLITICS Gubernatorial Primary

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Joseph Brant, Aug 2, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was talking about members of the media.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the media doesn't cover black on black crime, how are we aware of it and having this conversation? Why am I easily able to find thousands of news clips discussing it? Why do i, living hundreds of miles away, hear about bad shooting weekends in chicago?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I know, I was joking

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure Crossville local news and CNN are all that comparable.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I knew you knew, and was joking even harder.

emainvol likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What would ya say the point of local news is, vs national news, if they are supposed to just report the same things?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Neither said or implied they should report the same things.

8. fl0at_

Then what is your implication in response to IP’s assertion that it is being reported, and heavily?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That it isn't.

10. fl0at_

But, it is. By your own admission, Crossville local news at the least.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would not classify making the local news as something being reported on "heavily". If so, I'm practically a celebrity.

justingroves likes this.
  12. fl0at_

So you consider heavily and widely to be the same?

25 articles in Johnson City is the same as 1 article that stretches 25 major cities?

Because I see those as very different.

But I bet this is both wide and heavy.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I will accept that widely is a more appropriate adverb. I'm talking about media that gets viewed by a lot of people and Johnson City Press, no matter how many articles, isn't reaching that many people.

14. fl0at_

Ok, understand. Tweeting and the internet has expanded the reach of a local paper, though. It isn't CNN by any stretch, but I think that's the difference between national news and local news. That's just my opinion, though.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's expanded the reach, in that anyone can view local news from anywhere in the country, but I'm still not sure a heck of a lot more people are doing so. I guess I occasionally view stories from the Kingsport Times, which I would never do without the internet, but I'm not going to check out what's happening in Peoria or anything.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm telling you, if you guys stop twitting and watching the news, you'd be a lot happier.

RockyHill, kptvol and IP like this.
  17. fl0at_

Probably would be a lot happier too if I just stopped going to work and played video games all day.

Or spent it in a purpetual state of inebriation.

But I don’t want bliss that badly.

RockyHill likes this.
  18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

She said liberals. Not me. For me it isn't as much about left vs right here and more perspective.

Why are illegal immigrants receiving more compassion than American citizens?

Could you imagine 70 illegals shot in one weekend. We'd hear all kinds of Nazi talk and the like. Since it's just black folks in Chicago, nobody blinks. It's just another weekend there. Sucks.

19. GahLee

I believe she does.

20. GahLee

I hate it. It must be an awful reality. I'm not sure who is giddy about it, I'm certain there are those who are ready to pounce and make it political.

Candace and Charlie Kirk are always talking about Chicago, Kirk in particular. I think they care, could be wrong but I haven't seen anything to make me believe otherwise.