POLITICS Gubernatorial Primary

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Joseph Brant, Aug 2, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have you been to Chicago?

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You love to assume so much about me. You're usually wrong.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are often smug and vague.

Joseph Brant and JayVols like this.
  4. GahLee

I guess we are just going to ignore the 700 murders a year. Majority of which go unsolved. I'm sure there are nice spots. You"ll have to forgive me if allow rampant murder to define how nice a place is.

One of my best friends lived in Evansville for awhile, he loved it other than the winters. Said the wind would take his breath away.

5. GahLee

You calling anyone smug is pretty rich. And what have I been vague about?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, it's just a convenient excuse for you to stick to your original talking point about Democratic leadership (. A bunch of us have been, even lived, in Chicago, but you seem to know better. There are a lot more than just "nice spots". It's a huge ass city with a lot going on. It has some really rough areas which create a lot of those statistics, but, overall, it's one of the great cities of this country.

7. GahLee

What part of what I said warranted someone calling me a dumbass? Guess I can't have an opinion on Chicago because some people had a lovely time there.

I've talked a lot of shit to a lot of people here but you will be hard pressed to find instances I wasn't completely provoked.

I know I'm not well liked here, it doesn't bother me but some mutual respect should be given. I try to do that. Others don't. Also doesn't bother me. This is the internet, where zero [uck fay]s are given.

8. GahLee

Dude, I would never use 700 annual murders for just a talking point or an upper handed in an online argument. I honestly don't give two shits how nice and beautiful parts of that city are. They don't care enough about what is going on in those projects to help those people. And to me, it defines the city, right or wrong.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say saying the City of Chicago was "more than lost" left you wide open. Some people have family there, have lived there, etc. It's a ridiculously ignorant thing to say. Like millions of people, I have walked up and down downtown Chicago even late at night. Chicago itself is over 200 square miles. The city isn't lost, it is actually extremely vibrant.

Atlanta has a higher murder rate. Is it lost? Memphis, too. West Palm Beach. Cincinnati. Washington DC, where I live every damn day, has a higher murder rate. It was a dumb, dumb thing to say. And it smacks of being funneled piss-poor propaganda.

JayVols likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They don't? How do you know? There are 12 million people in that city, so, while 700 isn't good, this represents a small percentage of the people living there.

Again, you're just picking this statistic because you think it validates your point, but you haven't been there, apparently, and don't know what you're talking about. Saying it is a "lost city" is simply incredibly stupid.

I'd wager it's the result of many years of the right wing push against the city for having birthed Obama and other Democratic leaders' political careers.

11. GahLee

You're probably right. I lived in Atlanta for years and never had a problem. Never even seen a fist fight. The statistics are overwhelming to me though. I can't help it. 700 murders a year. Many go unsolved. Having lived in the projects, I just can't imagine it. It was bad enough for me and that was without rampant murder. So I naturally put myself in their shoes and it is frightening.

12. GahLee

That number is inflated and you know it. No different than me being a resident of Atlanta while living in Henry County.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've heard good stuff about Chicago, I was there when I was a young kid for most of summer break. I don't remember much, but I think I remember cotton or something floating in the air everywhere. I reminded me of snow. Anyway, I know people that love it, visit all the time, but honestly, the murders there scare me away. It's like Mexico, I love Mexico, the places I've visited, but I haven't been back because of that thing in the back of my head. So much murder and kidnapping, no thanks, even though I'm sure I'd be perfectly safe

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Chicago for st patricks day with people blitzed at sunrise for breakfast and downtown was awesome. Cool buildings. Walked where Harrison Ford got away. Wouldnt want to live there, or visit much. Many Chicago folk visit and have moved down here and they insist on being the [uck fay]ing loudest people in a room, consistently.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If there were rungs for different levels of idiots on this site, you’d be one up from Gahlee.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Miami also has a similar murder rate

kmf600 likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ha. Good to know. [uck fay] you too.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Chicago. The Chicago residents that move to Nashville can't drive for shit, though.

kmf600 likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nashville probably isn't far off, either