Gun Control Article: Nazis Not a Good Example

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I wish we spoke in more generalities.

I also wish women cooked more and gave more head.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't think stopping you from buying a gun is a horrible thing done to am individual.

we don't allow you to have live grenades or anti aircraft weapons so why is this different? why shouldn't i be allowed to have any weapon on want? is it because maybe it's dangerous? food for thought. . .

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't have any of the weapons that would be up for the ban. I'm stating this just from a point of liberty.

I've done the same for homosexuals and their rights. I also feel like blacks and Hispanics get the shaft on drug laws. Hell I even took up for the lazy lucky rich people that your collective loves.

The issue is that if it isn't a freedom that you like. You don't give a shit about it.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Some of the bloodiest events in human history, has happen to the unarmed.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

once again we restrict all sorts of freedoms. we have speed limits. he have building codes. we have the FDA. we have the EPA. All of these things "restrict freedoms." hell all of these things were invented well after the founders of this country died. so yes i am more likely to not give a shit if a guy can't buy a fast shooting and high capacity gun than i am of something that actually effects people's daily lives like taxes. as a society we make choices and yes we decide what's important and what isn't. if you tell me you are want to get rid of the judical system, all taxes, the dmv, the fda, etc than i will buy that you are all about freedom. if not you are just as much of a hypocrite as you claim i am.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i seem to remember D day and gettysburg having a gun or two involved.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sharpsburg/Antietam make both of those look like a walk in the park.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't believe you're a hypocrite. I've just gave the same logic on other issues that you use on guns. It seems silly on those other things as it does gun, and society isn't calling for those things.

A honest judicial system is good. Bad laws aren't. I'd love to change the tax code

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This times a million. I fully understand the disagreements regarding gun control and those that disagree with my particular viewpoint. I've never quite understood the vitriol and overwhelming passion for their guns that exists in some advocates. I've known people who are in a tizzy unlike I've ever seen them before because they are afraid that the government, under Obama's new directive, will force them to give up 2 or 3 of their 20 or so guns (and why anyone needs that many is a mystery, too, but anyway) to the point that they will talk revolution and secession. Just odd stuff.

10. OrangeEmpire

Our country is unique on a lot of levels. Look how we treat and place godlike status on confederate generals who fought to seperate the country.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is we? I think people who still rock confederate flags are borderline treasonous.

12. OrangeEmpire

The country, or am I way off?

These same generals have their homes preserved by states and on the national historic directory.

Tomorrow is Lee-Jackson Day, a state holiday in Virginia.

Am I wrong?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe we have a different idea about "god-like"

14. OrangeEmpire

Perhaps, you dont agree, that especially with Lee and Jackson that their piety and brilliance is completely over blown?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Specifically with Lee, he took the South right out of the war with is over-confidence, Napoleonic bravado, and lack of imagination at Gettysburg. Up to that point, a military victory for the South was still possible. After that, it really wasn't.

16. OrangeEmpire

Frederick the Great and the battle of annihilation was Lees achilles heel imo.

Lee wrote several letters that stated he believed the war could only be won by the destruction of a federal army or a legitimate threat in northern territory and the northern population would force peace.

Second Manassas or 2nd Bull Run was Lees best shot.

I agree with you on Gettysburg, it was a direct play from Frederick the Greats playbook. Even Meade noted he knew Lees action.

The double pincer with the main attack on the center with infantry and in the rear with calvary.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If the government were threatening to take away algebra, c-sections and mountains, I'd be as up in arms over it as I am about arms.

That is not the case. Reducing funding (for schools), altering medical access and loose environmental regulations are not the same. We can consider those similar to reducing spent brass to the public, allowing less background checks which would allow more access and allowing more carry.

They are not the same.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Treasonous? First you libs want to destroy the Second. Now, you'd go after the First?

I'll bet you he's even got a commie flag tacked up on the wall inside of his garage.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was a joke. Besides, I don't even have a garage. I keep my commie flag draped around my commie shoulders.