Guns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Feb 16, 2018.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Impressionnant!

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You don’t have one. I’m talking about a forest. You’re looking at trees

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does that mean that was what he was making while working? 70k? Don't tell me that the security officer makes significantly more than the average teacher at that school

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good lord, fire fighters and police are very well paid.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He more than likely made a lot more.

6. JayVols

Ok.

Then, I'll stick with my original assessment that shock collars can restrict movement when used with a perimeter fence.

I can be bull-headed too.

7. JayVols

If their SRO program works like ours, they don't get overtime pay for working ballgames, dances, prom, etc. They get comp time instead that most use during the summer when they have to go back to road duty.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's what they do, they sacrifice 5 years working a ton of OT, so they make a killing retired. I can't remember how much they contribute to their retirement, but I put 4% of my pay into the plan. I get 3% per year I contribute. All the money I contribute goes into the plan, like everyone else in the plan, and in theory, it sustains itself with good investing. So, all the money I take out, should be what I contribute and what the plan made. In theory. I know my company had to contribute a couple hundred thousand every year to make it whole.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Our school resource officers are actual police that work for the county school board, and are in the PBA, so they have the same benefits the rest of the county does.

I could be wrong about this, but this is how I remember it being explained to me.

BTW, our school police can work any overtime that is offered to regular police as well. The people that need an officer contacts the PBA union person in charge of distribution of overtime, they post it to the union board, and the officer applies for it.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Plus got to live for free on school campus, till the county dropped the program.

Which he protested and [itch bay]ed about

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Float seems the most passionate about his position and has clearly made very detailed research on the subject to clarify his arguments in favor of guns in every situation. Arguing for considerations is much more difficult than a cut and dry stance. I still find his arguments for teachers possessing guns in the classroom unconvincing as well as his interpretation of the history of the 2nd amendment's interpretation.

12. JayVols

Regular officers can get overtime, but an SRO doesn't get overtime for school functions after hours. They get the comp time. No salaried employee in the system get OT pay. Only the SRO gets comp time. Nobody else does, but the SROs are employees of the sheriff's dept on contract with the school system.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Are your SROs members of the PBA?

Are they on the teacher's union pension?

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do think it's interesting how the left wants an "honest discussion", while vilifying gun ownership.

It will be interesting to see how REI and [penis]'s come out of this with their activism.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Activism" would seem to be more than making a decision not to carry a product.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

REI is certainly being activist on Camel Backs.

17. JayVols

No.

They are Sheriff Dept. employees on contract w/ school board. They work the road during summer,

18. JayVols

I'm "The Left".

I own a nautical shit-ton of guns.

IP likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You're a dinosaur to the party.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Why would you think that?