Happy 4th of July/Dog Ownership/Breeders

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 4, 2016.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm partial to miniature dachshunds. Stubborn little monsters will steal your heart.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Any dog is 2000 times better than a cat.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have a 9-year old miniature poodle that we rescued, and an 11 month old female bluetick coonhound.

And if we hadn't started the bluetick's training at age 4 months, I don't think we'd enjoy her as much as we do now. Great, great dogs, but very, very, very headstrong and stubborn as shit.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Amen.

Here, let me go play and claw in my urine and fecal-covered sandbox and then walk all over your house. F that noise.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

When you come over you can meet my Malamute mix. 112 pounds, loses enough hair for five dogs a day, and howls like a banshee. Looks like he would kill on command, but is a real sweetheart.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Any hound will wear you out if you don't get on then early. All they want to do is smell and chase

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

There's no reason to own a cat unless you live out in bfe and they stay outside. Barn cats are okay.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They require much less maintenance. Better pets for people that work crazy hours and don't want to keep a dog cooped up all day.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's all true, I just hate cats

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nice.

Actually, I have a confession to make. I am not much of a dog person. Well, I'm not much of an other people's dog person. I have a mild phobia of strange dogs. I was bitten several times as a kid. Once, I was legit attacked by a St. Bernard when I was 3 or 4. Was at my great-aunt's house in SW Virginia. Just playing in her yard, not bothering anything. Her son's St. Bernard attacked me out of the blue. It wouldn't stop; had to be beaten off me with a coal shovel. Had "issues" ever since.

12. JayVols

Or you have 2 daughters....

13. JayVols

My daughter has trained our 8 month old cat to do lots of stuff.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's excusable

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Meh. Lectric fence IMO.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of cruel for Winter and Summer.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nah. Mine stays inside for the tough days, but dogs are outdoor animals. We've spoiled them, but they're built for the outdoors.

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

My folks rescued a dachshund and got him the fence, last winter he was able to cross over on the snow drifts without getting hit due to the depth, when it started to thaw poor bastard fell through on the property line and god blasted. He won't go outside with the collar on anymore, don't blame him a bit.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This is me. For some reason, my daughter's cat likes to lay on my neck/chest when I'm sleeping. It is the only other male in the house, I think it thinks we're on the same team.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My dog hates coming inside, except when it's scolding hot outside, then she'll come in to cool off, then sit at the door to go back out. She wants to come in for thunderstorms and fireworks too. Our back door has a handle for the door knob, first rumble of thunder and she's on that door handle smacking it trying to get in.