Hey, Oregon...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Nov 16, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Alumni love coach o. He'll get hired if he beats ucla. Might be the wrong decision, but it will happen. One thing kiffin never understood was that kissing the alumnis ass goes a long way at USC. And any idiot can see that the players play harder for O than any coach there in a long time.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't know. This is still Southern Cal...plenty of talent across that roster. Stanford aside, Orgeron led them to wins over Utah, Oregon St, Cal, and Arizona. There are dozens of guys across college football who could have led SC to wins over those teams.

I think he's done a nice job as an interim, deserves a big pat on the back when he leaves, but he's not established himself as a good head coach in my eyes.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Think of Texas. Tons of talent, no attitude. Sc has always had that problem. Carrol got these 5 star guys to play hard. Orgeron does too. That doesn't make him a great coach, but I had at least a dozen alumns comment that it felt like a game during the Carroll era. The band has a song for coach o. The alumni is chanting his name. No reason Haden can't give him a cheap contact and see if he can keep this going longterm.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I never said let him replace brown at Texas. I'm thinking more Conf usa/American level jobs. He's earned a shot somewhere like that or a lower level aq school.

5. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Bill Stewart was a great guy, too. How did promoting an unproven interim work for West Virginia?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Dabo Sweeney worked out ok

7. MettaWorldPeace

Dabo wasn't a failure at a previous stop before Clemson, either.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oregeron was hardly a failure as a position coach.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Agreed. Somewhere he can recruit the under the radar type players.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I can't imagine USC will okay with a head coach who failed miserably at Ole Miss.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed. It's not like USC was just playing good teams.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm telling you right now he gets the job if he beats ucla . It's a lock

13. MettaWorldPeace

I know, but Haden has a sample of what Oregeron can do as a head coach at a BCS Conference level. He's not going to make the mistake of giving him full control.

14. chavisut

Then Fight On.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was?

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yup

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Seems ridiculously short-sighted for the powers to determine the future of the program on the outcome of the UCLA game.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is a good bit.

19. chavisut

Agreed. With the sanctions over that has to be a top 3-5 job.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You have lost your mind. Even Orgeron knows he isn't getting the job.