Hilary Rosen's Comments on Ann Romney

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I also find it highly ironic the number of times that the DNC has pushed the phrase "war on women" in various places, but a fairly-high level DNC operative wasn't trying to do that last night.

I really hope the GOP has sense enough to take advantage of this for every penny it is worth.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

compared to what? the first lady? another out of touch millionare. and snake is correct, when the romneys first got married they were staying in someone's attic or something.

3. CardinalVol

And I really wish they'd decide to make Pelosi collateral damage in this and ask her if this offended her since she was a stay-at-home mom until her kids were grown.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, they came from nothing. You are going to have to break down for me how she is a good source of econo.mic insight for her millionaire husband

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys are so breathlessly trying to make this into a political game that you don't even know the woman was a stay at home mom herself. This is being made out to be something that it is not. She never said or implied there was anything wrong with being a stay at home mom.

6. CardinalVol

Considering even the Obama camp is distancing themselves from it, I think it's fair game.

Them's the breaks in this game.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you read her bio she was unemployed for under a year and said she was retiring to spend more time with her family which is generally codespeak for "i'm being fired and covering my arse."

she certainly implied you can't know about business and being a worker if all you have been is a stay at home mom. Romney ran businesses, made payroll. It's not unresonable to assume his wife knows something. my wife knows a hell of a lot more about finance than the average english teacher because of what i do for a living.

8. CardinalVol

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

did you read what she said it was about? It was about the welfare mom she was defending. It had nothing to do with your other issues, about which our current president is clueless too.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

who is making this a political game? Surely wouldn't be you, now would it?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Its a witch hunt. The dems have turned on her simply because it isn't a battle worth fighting since they don't have to. This is conservatives practicing the tactics they claim to dispise.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. CardinalVol

I also don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that with all we know about Ann Romney that she's probably spent time talking to women on the campaign trail.

14. CardinalVol

I'm just wondering who from the White House called and told her to shut up and apologize.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup and being involved heavily in her church would certainly expose her to working women in need.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a pretty half assed apology some i'm assuming obama's people didn't write it.

17. CardinalVol

Yup.

I'd dare say Ann Romeny has a very good idea about what is affecting the avergae working woman today, probably 3x as better of an idea as Rosen.

18. CardinalVol

I'm not saying they wrote it. I'm just saying they told her to apologize because they knew there was no way in the world they could win this.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

who's hunting her? She opened the lid to the box with a dumbass comment stating that Ann Romney can't have any idea about the issues impacting "real" American women. She's a news contributor and regular visitor to the White House. She clearly had an agenda in making the comment. She deserves any backlash coming to her. I don't know how anyone on the conservative side has done anything to politicize this more than Rosen did.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting. So i guess Obama does know a thing or two then, since he worked as a community organizer and with churches?

Oh wait.