Hilary Rosen's Comments on Ann Romney

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Romney doesn't have a clue about what life is like for average women. It isn't a dumb ass comment. What is dumb ass is acting like what Rosen said was any way derogatory towards stay at home moms. I would say the Romney campaign did an excellent job on the conservative side politicizing this, as well as the stay at home wives of a couple of congressmen that have been making the news circuits.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why am I called a mind-reader on this forum, when so many people can see the thoughts of Rosen, Obama, and Ann Romney?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Funny. Axelrod was one of the first people who tweeted against her statement last night.

I guess he was the first call of the Romney campaign.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then he's as much of a fool as anyone else. What she said was in no way derogatory to stay at home moms. I don't care if the whole country decides that she said stay at home moms don't work hard. That isn't what she said.

5. CardinalVol

She said Ann Romney has never worked a day in her life.

Ann Romney is a stay at home mom.

So all stay at home mom's work except Ann Romney?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

She clearly was referring to "employment," i.e. never had to go out and get a pay check.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I swear to God, people don't realize how rich and dynamic the English language is. If this is really about everyone assuming by "job" she meant "never performed any labor of any kind," we're so far gone as a people it isn't funny.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Both sides are politicizing this. Pretending Rosen had no political agenda is naivete or die hard left wing. And before any mind reading goes on, realize I loathe both sides.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Last sentence holds true regardless of the [uck fay]ing language.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obviously what she said was political. But it had to do with the Romney's being "out of touch with average America," not "stay at home moms do nothing and contribute nothing to society with their slothfulness"

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is funny seeing Rosen's facial expressions in interviews. She is so pissed that she is being put through the wringer.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

yet if she opens her [ock sucker cay] to toss a grenade across the bow, she should expect to be chastised. Openly and often.

13. CardinalVol

I'm also sure she's totally innocent of never taking a comment and using it for political gain.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

She herself said today that she has been on the other side of these things, it's politics, and politics suck. She is being made into this evil villain, and it is almost comical if it weren't so depressing.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How does being married to a stay at home mom in any way come close to anything that could ever possibly even a [uck fay]ing little bit be considered as something that makes one out of touch with the average American?

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Of course she has. Which makes her playing the victim all the more stomach turning. The victim card being played so often by both sides is indicative of how screwed we are.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Huh?

1. Being a millionaire makes Romney out of touch with Americans.

2. Romney says he relies on his wife, Ann, for insight into the problems of American women.

3. Ann is the wife of a millionaire who has never had outside employment or had to earn money through labor (not to say that being a stay at home mom doesn't entail work, isn't important. Nobody freak the [uck fay] out), and likely hasn't even gone grocery shopping in a decade.

4. Ann is probably not the best source of information about the problems facing the average woman.

To me, that is a pretty logical series of claims, whether one agrees with them or not. Certainly not offensive. And again, if campaigning, working with churches, etc makes Ann knowledgeable about people's problems, you would look like a moron claiming that Obama has no such knowledge.

18. CardinalVol

When a select group of women from the left have openly said that stay-at-home moms and the like are holding women back, the DNC is playing a "war on women" campaign right now, and everything else, it's a fairly logical conclusion to be drawn from this. I'm sorry, it is.

My guess is that there are some interns at the RNC, with Hannity, Laimbaugh, etc. going 24/7 right now looking for something to back up this stance, and she probably knows there is something out there that has her career hanging by a thread.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Link to her playing the victim? I watched her live on CNN with Blitzer during lunch and she wasn't playing any such card.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I do agree with the first paragraph. My comment was more along of the lines of what both parties are guilty of, which is playing the victim card while the country goes to shit. Until both parties, or a third, elects people who put the country and Constitution first, this will be the shit show we're stuck with.