POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This country has held back ideals, technology and improvements to this planet and humanity as a whole simply because of arrogance and selfishness, by convincing themselves that giving 10% is good enough, even if they could give 20%.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

So first things first, let's set the record straight: Only you and Float have decreed that I'm championing American exceptionalism in this particular context. You both are chasing figments in your imagination over something I never even said at the onset of this ridiculous "debate".

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Would love to hear your scathing assessment of every other country on this planet besides America since we are the ones "holding back" humanity. Hopefully we can be a bit more like China going forward!

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Your quote: "However others being allowed to express their disdain and contempt for America and its Constitution without any repercussions is one of those things that makes America the exceptional country it is."

Do you even remember the things you say? And, here you are trying to pass yourself off as the smartest guy in the room with your condescension.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You being too dumb to realize I used that word at that specific point in the conversation to provoke the resident lefties here for idiotically calling me a nationalist pimp for expressing gratitude to my country is truly amazing. Keep trying man!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    zehr27 likes this.
  6. fl0at_

If we don't band together with other countries and stop screaming how great we are, we'll all be entirely like China at some point forward.

7. fl0at_

Stop being a child. Stop thinking you're playing to some crowd on some great stage. Upwards of ten whole people will read posts you write. Just talk to those people.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  8. Unimane

No, I quite got the gist of the statement you made, along with the tongue in cheek part of it, but your final statement was clear in its intent. The only thing I see is you backtracking because you were caught up in an obvious contradiction.

Also, I speak for myself and didn't refer to your arguments as making you a "nationalist pimp", but rather your "Pollyanna" notion of America over a more realistic approach, which is quite different.

Otherwise, I've seen nothing on these boards which warrants your conception of intellectual superiority you repeatedly express, particularly to those in the opposite political views category. You seem more interested in producing a dramatic flair than participating in a rational discussion.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sorry dawg, gotta call out stupidity when I see it. Certainly not trying to impress anyone, he just set it up on a tee perfectly for me there. Could not resist

10. Unimane

Here is your statement again:

"However others being allowed to express their disdain and contempt for America and its Constitution without any repercussions is one of those things that makes America the exceptional country it is."

Do you agree with this statement you wrote or not?

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You thinking that I actually think of myself as some sort of intellectual is rather amusing. I’m happy to have rational discussions, but I’m also not going to back down when people ascribe ridiculous, untrue things about things I’ve never even said.

3 times in 10 years I’ve had a heated discussion on here. Two of them resulted because I had the audacity to defend both my hometown and my appreciation and gratitude for living in America compared to others throughout human history. Radical stuff to take up for I know. After that the only other vitriolic discussion I have ever participated in was a fundamental disagreement with float a few weeks ago over the morality of vaxxed vs unvaxxed. That discussion alone somehow literally resulted in a vote to end the political forum here the next morning.

12. fl0at_

Is that what you believe you are doing, calling out stupidity, when you say:

Because to me, it sounds like, you are provoking a group. Not addressing an individual.

If you don't see how it does look exactly like you are trying to impress, self assess.

13. fl0at_

Stop being a child, you are not that important. That one followed the other had little to do with you, and more to do with a long, long history of... it was coming.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Of course. The 1st Amendment is a pretty damn important component to what allowed America to become great. I’ll always champion the rights those with whom I vigorousky disagree with to hold their own view point on whatever issue it may be. Me factiously using that specific word aside, insert whatever synonym you want there for “exceptional” should that particular word bother you. Doesn’t mean I’m “pimping nationalism” and literally believe America is some utopia beneath any criticism.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It was certainly the straw that made you snap that day. You literally admitted you didn’t even want to be on this site anymore even though it’s your site to maintain now that Tenny D retired. Again, I apologize for making you hot and bothered that night

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also far be it from me, but this site literally has an entire message board named after the most famous Vol Internet poster in history who use to end disagreements by encouraging the person he was arguing with to commit suicide. Let’s not act like I’m actually ruining civil discourse here for disagreeing with a handful of posters here over spirited discussions on 3 separate topics over the past few months

17. Unimane

So, you said it was merely to provoke people. Now, you said "of course" you believe it. You meant the former when you were doing the "sorry, dawg, gotta call out stupidity when I see it" and the latter when wanted to pretend you didn't say the former.

I mean, I don't know if you've come to the realization yet that you are, in fact, making and have been making arguments in line with American exceptionalist ideas. You, literally, say "of course" when asked if you believe America is "exceptional". You know you don't have to believe America is above criticism to ascribe to this concept, right?

18. fl0at_

Snap? No. Getting rid of a child, for being a child? Yes. Others have allowed you back. You're their problem now. And when they realize that you are a child, you will be gone. Or. You can stop being childish.

And here you are, being a child again, thinking you are somehow important. I made that offer long before I had even heard of you. I was clarifying for you, since you commented some nonsense about this place mattering to me. As I have to clarify, yet again, because you, for whatever reason, continue to be a child.

19. Unimane

The hometown rant you put on was one of the most unhinged and absurd overreactions on a board which has had its fair share of them. It was almost impressive to watch.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That’s just your opinion of course. We don’t do that here