How bad are we underachieving?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 4, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You said it's 85% talent. You could have said 99%. If it's equal, it doesn't matter. The other stuff decides who wins. ****.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I said the "year one" argument is based 85% on talent and 15% on scheme. Not the outcome of the game. If the outcome of games were based in those percentages, upsets would never happen. Chance, as well as any number of factors play a part in every game.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can't believe I'm even having to post this or my last post, but I'll add:

Even talent isn't absolute. The best players have off games. The best coaches make poor decisions. The best refs make bad calls. Nothing is absolute. That's why they play.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh, I forgot about chance and any number of factors. Awesome point.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah. Like multiple Dobbs fumbles rolling out of bounds against Florida. Or the perfect bounce of the punt against Georgia. Don't be stupid.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

amateur

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Partial attention and the phone aren't getting the job done. Need a laptop.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How about try writing above a second grade level? Go away.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Don't forget the Michigan punt fumble.

Oh, and the refs don't play a part in any game either. Just ask Duke.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Upcoming Bama-Charleston Southern game is too close to call due to chance, a variety of factors, this and that and such and so forth.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1. It's the ****ing Internet.

2. I am spending as little time on my posts as possible because I'm at work, as I've already mentioned.

You've had no trouble understanding what I'm saying. You're just wrong and too much of a ***** to admit it. So now you'll poke fun and post stupid shit that isn't relevant. How long before you claim that you just wanted to **** with Indy because it sounded fun?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably should stop naming winners since everything is a random event. I mean, even the kickoff is determined by the flip of a coin. Why not just save everyone some trouble and draw the national champion out of a hat sometime in August?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well you're coming across as an imbecile. "Hey guys, it's 85% this, 15% this, and a whole bunch of this other crap."

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You can't read, so I'm an imbecile. The percentages I provided were for what the "year one" argument is based on. Not the outcomes of games. You can't honestly be this obtuse.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm no statistician, but I think that would boost Tennessee's odds at a championship tremendously. Let's do it.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's coaching, that's it and that's all.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh that's it. You responded with a comment I made about a game against a team in year one with a comment about year one, but it had nothing to do with the game we were discussing. Makes loads of sense.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Chance and factors and so on.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was pointing out the contradiction of saying talent was equal and then using the "year one" crap. The year one crap is BASED on talent. Sucking was accepted in Butch's year one because we didn't have any talent. If we had talent, there would have been expectations. ****ing read.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Still irrelevant as you said scheme still matters and they still have a schematic advantage, whatever percentage you want to put it at, and you put talent equal.

****ing math.