How bad are we underachieving?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I would. He played to win against us and made enough breaks to beat us. I don't think they're a great team. They have a tough running back that isn't great though and a freshman play maker at WR.

Yet somehow with tons of help from our coaching staff. He took that and beat our team that had a pretty big advantage in talent

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

so? what does that have to do with the quality of the team on the field. UF's resume is crap. AL's is similarly crap, which should change this weekend.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

At worst we should be 7-1

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

agreed.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can't respond to 6 different people while at work, but I'll do my best.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, they built a 24-3 lead over us despite our massive talent advantage.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

we have some history of unanswered points stretches that look awfully fishy

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Florida, UT, and UGA are all in a very similar place from a talent perspective. Any edge one may have over another is slight and debatable. You all seriously think UT has a significant talent advantage over both of them this season?

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

How hard is this. Yes we generally have a massive talent advantage. But, as soon as Butch comes on the field that advantage completely disappears.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

yes. UF has no QB, no semblance of an offense and an overrated defense. UGA was all RB no QB with a couple of stars on D and limited else.

Would you trade our team for either of the others? Would you even consider it?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ding ding ding

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

UF has no QB? They've looked pretty good at the position outside of the game with us. You could watch some of our games and say we have no QB. At the very least we're limited.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They beat a team Memphis took the wood shed and lost to LSU. They beat a uga team that sucks.

I'm not that impressed

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe there's two staffs in the sec that would have Tennessee at less than 7-1 or 6-2.

Butch's and Mason's.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida's offensive line is worse than Tennessee's, they have one wr and some serviceable running backs. Grier is just as limited as Dobbs. Treon is worse than Dobbs.

Florida may have a slight advantage on defense, but it's not much.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Treon Harris put people on the sidelines and in the stands in Jacksonville in mortal peril.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So we are a little better offensively and they are a little better defensively. Your description doesn't scream "huge talent advantage" for us, imo.

And UGA?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is a lot better offensively. Florida has a slight advantage on defense.

Outside of Chubb (who I would argue isn't a huge advantage over Hurd) Georgia is better on the o line and that's it. Their defense isn't anymore talented starting 11 wise than Tennessee.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A lot better offensively? We haven't really been good on offense all year, and anyone who can shut down the run has had success. Even in the Kentucky game we needed special teams to help us separate. Our OL has been a weak point, Dobbs throwing woes haven't helped, and the play calling has been pretty atrocious.

A strong OL and top flight RB is enough to drive an offense pretty far. If the defense is a push, I don't see that as a huge talent advantage for us either. Your evaluations seem to point more at a level playing field talent wise.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The talent Tennessee has on offense is a lot better than the talent Florida has. The coaching is not.