How can we win on Saturday? (OU Edition)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The closer we get to game day, the more I get that feeling we might be able to pull this one out. No one is giving us a shot to win this. I'm starting to believe.

I believe.

I believe.

I believe we can win.

I believe we can win.

Yeah OU, come get some. [itch bay]es

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They bothered with him because he's top 10 pick talent.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The next Ray Rice, IMO.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Which had pretty much had no shot whatsoever in being eligible

5. hatvol96

So? What did they lose by taking the shot?

6. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Just a smidge of dignity.

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

We need a lot of nastiness up front. Haven't seen it yet, but there is a first time for everything.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Which will be forgot about next year when DGB is a Heisman hopeful.

9. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

It seemed like every time we had a shot at an upset last year, someone significant got injured for the other team during the game. (UF, USC, UGA). Obviously, I don't wish injury on anyone, but it did play a role.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

OK still basking in the glory of beating Bama takes us lightly and comes out playing flat.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Let's see if I got this right. We play a perfect game on offense which includes our massive run game. Our defense which gave up way too many points to Arky State has to keep OU under 31 assuming we score 31 ourselves. We cannot miss any field goals, bwaaahaaaahaaa, oops sorry, and punting coverage and returns be flawless. Miss anything?

There is a slight way up there to one shot we can win, and it isn't in the above scenario. We come in wild as hell, knock each other down, jump up and down on the OU logo, wreck the Boomer Schooner, kind of wild. Get them so mad, they lose control and over play. Then we put in a whole new offense they have no practice against like Lombardi did to Dallas in Super Bowl I. At least in the rushing game. Then we have to gamble on fourth downs, on side kicks, fake punt, trick plays and have our defense continuously adjusting while their QB is trying to make his reads. Playing our normal game and expecting perfection coupled with OU breakdowns on D is unreasonable. Go wild or go home losers. We may lose either way, but the entire country will know we were there, and potential recruits will think, "damn I like that shit".

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I like it! There's a reason why the wise Uncle Jesse is your profile pic. Give that crooked doctor and insurance rep he!!

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh my god rb, let's do it.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Would it not be fun? I am waiting for the first "crazy old coot" remark. I think Jones might be an out of the box kind of guy.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Rb just gave me movement.

Nothing new, though.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nothing but time and effort.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would put fifty saying he's in the 2015 draft.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm with you on that. If he stays in shape he will crush the combine, what are you thinking, mid-late second round guy considering the off the field stuff assuming he is in shape?

19. hatvol96

What time and what effort?

20. hatvol96

Yeah, college football is a real honor society. I can't believe someone would take a wildly talented player with off field baggage. The shock! The horror!