How can we win on Saturday? (OU Edition)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2014.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

(chuckle)

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Striker ran around like a wild man. I don't think he was ever really blocked that entire game. Oklahoma uses him all over the field too. He's a great player.

One of their starting CBs, Zack Sanchez, is nursing a shoulder injury, but is expected to start.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;_n9prNixjbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9prNixjbg[/video]

'Nuff said!

#GBFO

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I remember back during either Shula or Francionne, Bama played a couple of games with OU. This was when OU was at the top of their game and Bama was nothing special. I think Bama's first kickoff was an onsides, which they recovered. Actually managed to keep the Sooners on the ropes for a while. Seems like they kept it close both years.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think the first game was close, and the second was close for a little while. All I recall is the whipping they gave aTm in Francionne's first game against them once he left bammer. That was 70 something to nothing and it came after bammer had played them at least once.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

That's what I'm talking about. If you win the toss kick off with an on side kick, but work on it every day. If lose the toss, do it second half. Work on fake punts, fake FG, reverse option pass (make sure Pig can get it to the WR/TE. I have a play drawn up since Fulmer was HC, even sent it to him, but never heard a word. Worley lines up in the three WR to right side set in the deep position with whoever can throw the ball at QB. Worley takes a couple steps back, throw to him you then can use a couple variations. One he simply throws deep on a post route, hoping the DB's hesitate on the first throw. Two, this takes some key blocks, Worley runs back toward middle of field like he is going to throw left. The TE has stayed in to block, but then releases to swing out into the right flat. the DB's should be cleared out in deep coverage all to the left. Worley makes the throw back to TE. Playing as we have the first two weeks is a recipe for defeat by an embarrassing margin.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I honestly think it's a good idea. We are already three TD dogs. Nothing to lose. Go nuts.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Probably will. We'll blitz at least once per half.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Which is exactly why I am a fan of it

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm drinking Beam and Coke out of my Smokey Tervis cup, so we have that going fir us

11. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcJBi4yR-A[/youtube]

I don't think this worked.

12. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

BPV your blitz number may be a little high.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Raining cats and dogs here, satellite signal is in and out. I think we're going to win