How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Talk that shit, Danny! Auburn has all the ingredients of embarking on a prolonged downswing like we had for 15 years, and I'm all for it.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Makes me wonder if there was some extra shitty stuff happening at Auburn from their boosters, and other ADs know that he was putting up with some bullshit.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Feel like Auburn boosters have always been notorious for being more psychotic and delusional than most boosters of big time football programs. The owner of YellaWood seemingly has positioned himself to be the chief decision maker on important AD matters. He was the one who personally wrote a 17 million lump sum check to Malhzan and was the one who thought Harsin would be an excellent hire. People close to that program must be under the belief that this upcoming season is gonna be a shit show.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I need some card thoughts on this.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Greene worked for White at Buffalo. So that would explain White going to bat for him.

IP likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not got any on this other than an AD saw the light and got out of auburn.

Volsdude, TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

YellaWood runs that shit show. Gus left because of shit he was trying to pull.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

In defense of Auburn, who most certainly are circling the drain, Gus treated that school like a Korean comfort woman every time he had the slightest bit of leverage.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hard to feel bad for Gus. A 17 million direct deposit into the bank account ain't too shaby for a guy coaching HS football in Arkansas 15 years ago. Hopefully he gave Mitch Mustain at least a mill of that buyout money considering he owes that guy everything for being his ticket into college coaching.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is far more appropriate than how Korean comfort women were treated.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No doubt Gus is a POS but YellaWood is right there with him. It should have been a perfect marriage.

IP likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ever since their last coaching search when I found out that YellaWood was the company owned by the biggest Auburn AD booster, I vowed to never buy their stupid wood should I ever actually need to purchase lumber for whatever reason. Terrible commercials too.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

oh my gosh. You went there…and you are right

IP likes this.
  16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Thanks to an overly involved booster who thinks he is the smartest man in the room and spineless administrators who bow to him. Sound familiar?!?

Our fortunes seemed to have turn when we rid ourselves of both.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's Auburn, you know good and well there's shitty things happening

TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s no coincidence that their most cherished tradition is actually playing with toilet paper. And when they aren’t using TP to decorate tree bark, they always have something on hand to wipe the cow shit off their boots

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Rane was not a part of any push for Harsin.

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

1. He absolutely was putting up with some bullshit. He was Auburn’s first professional AD ever, they’ve only ever had puppets.

2. Anybody in the know will tell you Allen Greene is a good guy, very smart and a hard worker. But at the end of the day the job was just too big for him. In fairness to him, it would be too big for most people. In addition to all the skills you’d need to be a good AD anywhere he needed to get big money people marching in the same direction and he simply wasn’t capable of doing that.