How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Maybe not, but the fans will soon enough, sanctions or not. He starts going 0-9 and so against the Big Three, there will be consequences.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, but sanctions are only going to last so long

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Tricky Ricky from Hickory.

CardinalVol likes this.
  4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Too early really to say all this, but I think between sacking up and paying Vitello, and finding a football coach that has most of us more optimistic about the future than we’ve been in a while all during an absolute clusterfuq of stupidity, that Danny White has been doing all the right things thus far. It feels like there’s a shift in expectations on the Hill. He comes off as a cocky [Penis], and coming here from UCF acting like he does kind of rubbed me the wrong way at first, but I’m pumped he’s here now and love the energy he’s brought to the AD. Just was thinking about this today and wondering if anybody else is coming around on him or if people are still wary of him and his approach.

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Things look like they're progressing nice but it's still early.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This season ticket thing has some people riled up. I haven’t looked into it at all

justingroves likes this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

When they added seats in the mid 70s, Bob Woodruff (AD at the time) funded the construction by having a season ticket drive where with a single donation you received season tickets for life.

Yes, you read that correctly.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I think he is a douchebag. Cocky. Arrogant. Kinda the AD equivalent of Butch Jones when it comes to craving respect. I don’t agree with shrinking Neyland and you can throw stats about more tv exposure and upscaling the experience and I will say blah blah blah.

having said that, I think he is the right guy to bridge the gap, do the dirty work and piss off the right people to try to straighten out the dysfunction of our AD. He is NOT incompetent! He is just a cocky jerk. And we have lacked competence for far too long for me to complain. Locking in Vitello was necessary but let’s face it, DW didn’t pick him. He might have lit a fire in Barnes ass and given him the sense of urgency he needs. And Heupel was a decent hire under the circumstances. Who knows, he might work out.

but DW is destined for something like the Olympics or pros or even Notre Dame and not a long term guy. But he is doing some of the dirty work no one else would or could. I had a boss once when I reluctantly took on a turnaround job. He said the guy that fired all the trash, does the dirty work, and sets the right path is rarely the one to enjoy the fruits of the turnaround. Makes sense

Volsdude likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s not really cocky or arrogant.

He’s just really awkward. It’s kinda hard to explain unless you’ve met him.

PilotFlyingJ and Volsdude like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

perhaps an unusual ratio of confidence to charisma?

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hard to walk around with those assets.
    Trust me.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's your knees that make it hard for you to walk around, you unconfident and uncharasmatic cripple.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Your mom was charismatic

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is definitely arrogant. Has been that way since a young age.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Sounds like you've got some personal insight lol

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That family...

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Being awkward myself I can relate, still he has to perform well for the university. I find if you get an extra step or two people like him have a lot to offer.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's almost got this right -

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Nature is healing.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My thoughts on fan experience are focus on winning and the rest takes care of itself.

That said, the lone caveat would be if he brought back the old orange letters. That would make me giddy.