How many mistakes do you make in a work day?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Mar 21, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I recently had a customer retire 3 years before I wanted him to call me and berate me that he didn't have enough retirement income and was spending principal even though I told him at least 2 dozen times that was what was going to have to happen. You can't win sometimes

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have them sign something stating they've been informed of risks, benefits, and alternative treatments. Also, if they are going against recommendations, it is specifically mentioned in there. Crazy how everyone forgets you recommended a different course of action when their own ideas blow up in their faces.

Now, if what I've suggested doesn't work out, you are getting one hell of a deal coming up on the fix. But I have people go against recommendations, then want the fix to be charged out as only the difference from what they tried first and the fix. I always specifically mention beforehand that it doesn't work like that, but still get blowback, as if I'm operating on no overhead for the first thing.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When I make mistakes, it's usually forgetting to fill in a template with the correct information after copying and pasting it into whatever I'm working on.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Amen.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well we redid the work at cost, essentially taking a full loss on the contract. Same result as we predicted. She's still not happy. We're telling her she's asking us to turn water into wine.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gruden isn't our coach.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I think we are long lost brothers

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Legit LOL.

The hammer!

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't say that one doesn't get me, too. I was all in.

Years later I still recall reading articles about the possible coaching candidates. Butch was always listed last, as if he was some distant fall back option, as likely to be hired as Kiffin or Fulmer. I actually didn't know who he was, which is insane given that I'd been in the stadium for his game against UT. His resume, had I viewed it shortly after reading that Illinois had hired him, would have made me think "they could have done a bit better." When word leaked that he was our coach, I couldn't believe it until he stepped onto the podium. I was watching the press conference expecting anyone else to walk out. Sigh.