I am fl0at_ AMA

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 13, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You ever hunt around Des Arc?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've hunted my entire life at this pin drop. And this year, assuming I go, will be the last.

https://goo.gl/maps/BnVo8zfEEpWgoaeo6 Dropped pin
    Near Co Rd 762, Cotton Plant, AR 72036

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Damn, you're right beside Gregory. I own a house in Gregory.

Why are you stopping?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My dad picked that lease up over 40 years ago. And the members have been mostly the same.

About 20 years ago, he negotiated a long term lease with the daughter of the original land owner, who passed.

And he negotiated a 20 year lease, with additional single year options at the member discretion. The requirement, though, was that the membership list was fixed.

You couldn't add or subtract anyone. Well, camp members started dying, and the remaining members, to keep the place, started covering the other members.

Now there are three. And the owner is getting anxious because we're paying 20 year ago (before Duck Dynasty...) prices, for land that has woods, has pits (which we put in), drag blinds (which we put in) and a boat ramp (that bud light put in, and it shows).

And they know they can get a lot more than the $6k per member they got 20 years ago.

One of the daughters this year split, and sold her half for a few million, and that kind of put a nail in it.

justingroves likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can see that