I can't decide if this is funny or sad.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Sep 19, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

But he said britches and mama in his introductory press conference! Is this lost on you people?

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I admit, being in East TN I bought into that britches and mama routine hook, line and sinker. But I promptly spit it out when he couldn't count past 11 during the LSU game.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

There's definitely a segment of the fanbase that is content with Ls as long as the head coach speaks with a drawl.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The LSU game had me furious. Then Bray came in and started flinging it around and I thought, maybe he can build around this guy and get at least a little momentum going.

Then 2011 happened. I had no faith in Dooley. But here comes fall camp for 2012 and I couldn't help but think that with at least a Sunday QB teamed up with two Sunday WRs, Tennessee could outscore UF and either UGA or USCe. Then UF happened.

I knew how this was going to end when Dooley was hired, I just didn't think it would be this bad.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And that is sad and pathetic. It's the same segment that gets way too excited when Vol Calls return every fall.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Come to think of it, our football program has been good, other than our issues with football.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I knew when Troy Calhoun and dude at Utah said no we were going down a dangerous path.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I was convincing myself that they were diversions to keep the media off the trail of our high profile home run mega splash hire. jt5 = moron.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You expected that from Mike Hamilton?

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't know. Couldn't imagine that he'd allow Kiffin to walk away and not repair the situation with a comparable replacement. While he didn't get someone comparable, I would have at least settled for competent. Then I had to google [ddiapos] just to see who the hell he was. I knew then and there, without a doubt, that we were ****ed.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Still waiting for Lovie Smith to land at McGhee-Tyson airport.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How the hell Hamilton doesn't go to Kippy Brown and tell him he's making 2 million as the interim, good luck is beyond me.

That should have been all the coaching search consisted of.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I had to google him too. Felt the exact same way. Folks would ask me who the f**k is Dooley and I'd say, well according to google...

14. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I agree and thought that surely that would happen. But it made too much sense for MH and crew. If it had the program would not be in the big mess it is in now. Orderly transitions tend to work a thousand times better than kneejerk, panic crap.

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Is it Basilio with you (lol).

I agree with justin - hand the keys to Kippy for less and wish him good luck as the interim with no buyout cost. Then start your search. You have a year to find out if Kippy's going to work out while talking with the best that will be available at the end of the season.

Like everybody else I had no clue about [ddiapos]. My first reaction was, "Who?!" My next was, "Damn."

By the way - to whoever - thanks for the Avi - I think!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

To be fair, I had to google Cuonzo and Dooley.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I thought we hired a muppet.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That's some funny shit right there.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't have known he was had I not seen my team play a game against him at MSU.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I knew him only because at the Elite Eight the year before I talked to an MSU fan (it was in St. Louis) who was majorly on the Cuonzo bandwagon.