I still think Milton sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DeonG, Jan 6, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this your guess or did you read/hear something? I hope you are right. If they can get him to be thinking about running instead of only looking down field he is going to be a lot more dangerous

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I’m ok with him taking sacks, just not turnovers. This offense can easily overcome 2nd and 17.

3. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

I suspect there will be more.

4. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Not every time they can't. The difference between a 2nd and 8 with Hendon Hooker and the situation where there is pressure in the pocket and he is able to feel it, quickly react to it, and scamper for a 6 yard gain vs. Milton in the same situation taking a sack for an 8 yard loss is the difference between a good team and an average team.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You aren't wrong. Everything that we have seen over the prior two seasons indicates that nothing will change regarding Milton. But... nothing we've seen over the prior years indicates that this is a coaching staff who is unwilling to build towards the strengths of their QB.

Also...

I must add that while Heupel/staff /Milton continue to maintain the farcical notion of which Milton was not on the verge of being yanked against Pitt prior to injury only reinforces the perception that this is a player whose mental makeup has and continues to necessitate a kid gloves approach.

TLDR- Milton either shows growth and meets the offensive staff halfway with performance OR Nico is your guy coming out of the tunnel for the second half in Gainesville.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Milton is going to take some bad sacks which will cost us. I just don't think he will ever get the pocket presence it takes to be an elite QB. Our season will be a small step back from last year because of this. On the flip side I think this offense might be more fun to watch than last years as far as big plays which I'm looking forward to.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If the kids are competive and "Give Their All", I will take the good with the bad.

I guess for me, it seems that this coaching staff has the smarts/leadership to put the kids in a position to succeed (win). More so than any of the last 3. And the kids are receptive to this; know they have to execute to succeed; and believe they will win and not hope to win.

We'll see.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I ain’t even worried about it. All I have to do is think about Pruitt and Guaranturnover. Now it all makes sense. He really is just dumb. We always wondered how as a coach you could trot JG out there every week and not be aware of the body language of his teammates who knew they had no chance.
    Offfense won’t make as many plays. Defense will make more. I can’t wait. I’m hyped again for every Saturday. Same the last 2 years. Last year was an unexpected most fun year I’ve had every watching any sports. I don’t want to be in a spot where I’m frustrated if we take a step back or take a couple Ls. Rewatching bama game, Gibbs makes an easy catch and that’s an L. Few plays will again determine “success”, but we all know we will be entertained and in the fight even if only 15 seconds left and 40 yards needed.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Be still my heart...

11. Ssmiff

Hookers legs looked like they were all over the place sometimes. Could see us with more power qb runs then set up TE off of it then set up step back deep ball from it with Donte or Squirrel running a 60 yard post from the left side.

IP likes this.
  12. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He ran a straight QB power against Pitt that went for 60 yards...right before he got "hurt" and was forever benched

14. Ssmiff

I remember his leg getting caught under on a sack or hit in backfield.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We will use the QB run to set up the bombs.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I always loved QB run play action

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

And can he feel the pressure in the pocket. I just hope he comes out early this year hitting the deep ball and not overthrowing guys. He needs that confidence early.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, he’s got a good team to start against then

zehr27 likes this.