I watch, but I just can't get into any nfl team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by swaggner, Aug 13, 2012.

1. swaggner

swaggner New Member

I just dont have the desire that I do with my Vols. On a brighter note, who wants to party with me in ATL? Taking appointments meow.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I can't either. I just find myself cheering for the team with the most Vols on it. Or KC.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm kind of a Titans fan, but it doesn't have near the emotional pull with me that the Vols do.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bengals ya'll.

And I will be in Atlanta. Ludicrous won't know what hit him.

5. swaggner

swaggner New Member

I find myself following but not cheering for teams. I want to see all former vols kick a$$ but the passion is not there.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fantasy football dictates that I cheer for individual players. They are often playing against each other. If you didn't know my rationale for doing so, I could easily be mistaken for a schitzophrenic bi-polar person that hasn't taken their anti-psychotics and/or lithium in months.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Not a true fan imo

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've been a Packers fan since birth, so I can watch them. Unfortunately, living in Nashville is brutal with the Titans. It was the middle of the Olympics last week and they were discussing the center position for the Titans. Brutal. I can't imagine a duller team to watch and couldn't give two shits about their training camp, nor anything about their season, to be honest. Most NFL games I'm sleepy by the third quarter as it is.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've always liked individual players over teams.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I love watching the NFL and feel personally invested in the Eagles. Its not to the level that UT football is for me, but I have followed the Eagles for a ,majority of my life and I enjoy watching football being played at the highest level in the world.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I lived in Philly when they lost 4 straight NFC championships before going to the Super Bowl. Crazy times there. Only place I've lived where people wear sports jerseys to mass.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too but I've never felt personally invested in a team.

I love the way the Steelers play football and I have a lot of respect for the Rooney family, I have always liked watching MLBs that play for the Bears (my grandmother loved Jim McMahon and Ditka too), I will go watch a game at Lambeau before I die and I was a huge Barry Sanders fan growing up. I never settled on a team, just enjoyed watching specific players.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ickey-shuffle was pretty cool. No Bungles love?

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can't get in to NFL. Players are so big, they make the field look like arena football.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first NFL game I really remember watching was the Super Bowl where the 49ers beat them with a pass to John Taylor. My grandmother (the biggest football nut I know) was rooting for the 49ers in that game, so I did too.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first football card I remember getting was a Tim McGee Bengals card and I thought it was awesome he played for Tennessee too if that makes you feel better Joe.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like watching the NFL and enjoy doing fantasy leagues and stuff but have never really had a team. I liked the colts for a while cuz they were the state team and they had Manning, but I didn't really care about them much at all.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tim McGee is -- partially -- the reason I'm a Bengals fan.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I like the NFL, and I am a Titans fan, but I don't have near the fandom for the Titans as I do UT.

20. tripper

tripper Member

I truly tried to watch the Raiders - Cowboys game but that was atrocious. I only watch NFL because of my fantasy team and the Sunday wager.