I watch, but I just can't get into any nfl team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by swaggner, Aug 13, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

From everything I've seen/heard/read, the small town atmosphere of Green Bay is the closest NFL franchise to a college community. The Packers are interwoven with the fabric of the town. Without them, I guess Green Bay has cheese and beer. Most other cities if not all have other pro sports. The Packers are the one and only show around, the heart and soul of the town.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Been a packers fan for close to 20 years. Didn't really follow the nfl closely until i out of was college though.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm a CFL.

Also, Manning.

Living in Middle TN and listening to Nashville sports radio made me hate the Titans.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Titans have been an especially boring team to watch. When McNair was in his prime, there were definitely some good years, maybe 99-03 or so, but other than that...

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This, as far as the sports radio goes. it is mind-numbingly boring and incessant with no detail too small to discuss for 7 hours.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There were two things i enjoyed about Nashville sports talk radio.

1. Silly underdog picks, which were great.

2. The random guy who would call in and tell wycheck that three music city miracle was a forward pass.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I will always feel more attached to UT than the Titans and I just like college football more in general. But I was 7 when the Titans moved into Adelphia and my family has had season tickets since day one. Growing up in Nashville when the Titans were a superbowl contender every year was a blast.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Silly Underdog picks was my favorite segment on 1045. Plaster and Daunic are back together on 102.5 in the afternoon drive slot, so I am hoping they do Silly Underdog picks again.

3HL is getting on nerves here lately. Have not been listening. to much Titans talk, and the 3 of them talk at the same time. It is becoming bad radio in my opinion.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

One time I was in Nashville and they were talking about the Predators on the radio for three hours straight.

I always bring a book on tape when driving through Nashville now.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Silly underdog picks is good stuff.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm dating myself, but I always loved "Leonard's Losers".

12. Unimane

Oh god, don't get me going on the Predators shit. And, if I have to hear one more ****ing discussion about the Atlanta Braves, I may fire bomb their station. The Titans stuff is still the worst. The UN would haul us before the ICC if we forced the inmates at Guantanamo to listen to that shit for 30 minutes every day.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm a packers fan now because of rodgers. I was a pretty sizable rams fan when i was a kid, but gave them the middle finger when they bailed on LA. I would probably embrace any team that moved to LA, but i doubt it could equal my Cal fandome. I wont look into why I must care most by a wide margin about the team I follow that is by far the least likely to succeed (compared to the lakers, dodgers, packers). some dark stuff there. there is no question that the nfl puts out a quality product, but i find it hard to care about an individual regular season games. i rarely schedule my day around regular season games as an example..

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm shocked that Nashville media would be discussing the Titans.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm a Titans fan but it's not as much as a Vols fan. I like that every game is more important at the college level. If you lose two games and in many years one game, your shot at a national title is over. In the NFL, there are years where a 7 loss team gets in the playoffs.

17. Are they still considering 2 teams in LA? I know they're worried about the stadium being profitable but that is or was a really bad idea with questionable NFL interest.

18. VB refugee

VB refugee New Member

How About them Cowboys!!!
    Get well soon Witten!

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

7? How about the 7-9 Seahawks a couple years back?

20. Unimane

Yes, because I said the Nashville media shouldn't be discussing the Titans at all. Read closer.