If Bortles Is First QB Drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 24, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't love them, but they are better than cam. Yes I look at stats more than "he just wins" like they used to say about Vince young.

Thinking rg3 is better than cam isn't saying I think he's a great qb.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Aren't you the one telling me they aren't running a 1940s offense?

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Alex Smith never throws further than 10 yards, RG3 didn't either as a rookie and then was a disaster when he had to this year, and Foles had possibly the luckiest season of all time. Smith is the epitome of "1940s football."

4. NashVol11

You're the one who defined "a 1940s offense" as basically making the QB a Trent Dilfer-style game manager. That doesn't work when the player you're criticizing is basically his team's entire offense.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What? I was talking more like Fran Tarkington. Being the entire offense of a shitty offense doesn't do much for me

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wake me up when cam throws 4 Tds in a postseason game

7. NashVol11

If you're saying "don't let the QB lose it for us," you're usually referring to a QB who relies on his supporting cast, or referring to an offense that never ever demands throws with any degree of difficulty. (Or both, AKA Alex Smith.) If you don't mean either of those things, then as an expert on 1940s offensive systems, you might want to explain what it is that you do mean.

Are you talking about volume? Does someone have to throw it 50 times a game to be successful? Because the last two Super Bowl winners would probably like to talk with you.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm still wondering what in the hell "1940s football" is.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Oh yeah?

One season above 60% passing. One. Quit talking out of your ass.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Way to clarify. Super.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Charlie Batch statistically was a better passer than Vick, but we can't let that cloud the fact he has "a cannon arm".

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

All he's managed to say so far is 1) he's gonna fail because it's not 1940 2) he's gonna fail because Mariota is better and 3) he's gonna fail because his game is purely "backyard football".

Forgive me, but are we now allowing VN rationale on the 8th?

13. kidbourbon

It's not droski's best work.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Newton runs it up the middle and isn't expected to do anything other than not lose the game. This is how the vast majority of offenses in the 40s were run.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He broke the rookie passing record and is averaging around 3500 yds per season.

He also broke all time season record for rushing TDs by a QB and has 28 rTDs in 3 yrs.

But you're right. All he does is hand it off.

I'd take Newton over Rodgers. At least Newton isn't a giant p***y and plays the game like a man.

16. kidbourbon

Wow.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

So Newton's role is to just stay outta the way? Regale us with tales of how the three headed monster of Stewart/Williams/Tolbert carried them to a division championship in spite of Newton.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Newton over Rodgers?

Hahhahhahaahhahahahaa

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You've heard of defense and easy scheduling right?

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This has to be a troll job, he can't be this dumb.