Inaugural 8th Maxim "Foster a CFB Team" program

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 1, 2015.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You scout Fordham yet bpv?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Haha, you might be a bit closer. How is tailgating at an Army game? I imagine a fair amount of liquor and some damn good storytelling

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, is it acceptable for someone who didn't go to West Point or serve in the Army to purchase and wear a Black Knights hoodie?

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not terrible. We're right outside the stadium, so we see everyone - former professors, classmates, now professors etc. good time for us. My son even talks like he's going. My wife shuts that down quickly. Navy tailgate is a different affair.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. They suck. I like us to cover, but we're starting the QB nobody expected us to. Tough call in a guy's opener. Our best defender also lost to fractured skull from bar fight this summer.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Damn, that sounds like a guy I want on the team

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Im going to make it to that game one day

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He likely never to play again.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gotta keep the skull intact. I saw a couple gnarly broken noses, an orbital fracture and a cheekbone broken in a bar fight (hardest I have seen anyone punched, period) but never a skull fracture. Scary shit

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Just landed on back of his head from what I understand. He was our starting SS and by far best defender. That hurts.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah was just reading about it. Tough way to end a career if that's what happens

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too

13. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[video=youtube;xj8tLKLXD20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj8tLKLXD20[/video]
    the quote from trip advisor was my favorite part.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thirded.

Going to be a long season for JT5 and myself

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

BPV, is that game in Baltimore or Philadelphia this year?

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Army tailgating is fabulous.

17. JayVols

It's awesome.

18. JayVols

Even though it's been 12 years since the last ETSU game, they started off this new era just like I remember them finishing the old one. They lost a heartbreaker, 56-16, to Kennesaw State in the battle of 2 start-up teams. I'm sure the game was closer than the score indicates....

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Philly.

If any of you make it, a buddy and I rent out McFaddens at the Park and tailgate. I'll provide tailgate tix. Let me know. If you're looking for game tix, let me know as well.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rome wasn't built in an offseason.