Insane? Perhaps. Evil? Possibly. Genius? Absolutely!

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Apr 15, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want.

I. Want.

Insane mode, 0-60mph in 3 seconds flat. Here are some reactions to people the first time they experience it (NSFW some language):

[video=youtube;LpaLgF1uLB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaLgF1uLB8[/video]

2. NorrisAlan

Tesla Model S P85D vs Ferrari F12 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

[video=youtube;_nQDU7HOStc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nQDU7HOStc[/video]

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

$127K less whatever tax incentives you can get back (I suspect about $10K). Tesla's are sweet cars.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The electric car is never gonna happen, guys.

/s

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm with you, Norris; I would love to have a Tesla. We were actually planning on getting one, though not the P85D. Wanted a model x (still not available) or what would now be the S75D. However, we just couldn't justify the spend - even with the incentives. Beautiful, extremely well-built vehicles, but so expensive.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  6. NorrisAlan

I would not want it to save money on gas, or even help the environment. No, no altruistic ideals here, no sir!

0-60. 3 seconds. Quiet as death approaching. Want it purely for the badassery of it.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is ridiculous how States are trying to block Tesla from direct to consumer sales because of Auto Dealer lobbying efforts or Auto Dealers holding State Office.

8. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Let me know when it beats a Ferrari in a 24 hours of Daytona.

10. NorrisAlan

It couldn't even beat the Ferrari in the 1/4 mile.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

$127k

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It shows you how far we are from a truly capitalist system. 53 would blame government, but to me that is like blaming a car for not changing the oil.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because nothing screams free market like state forced monopolies

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a democracy. "The State" isn't an entity, but rather a manifestation. Follow the money. Blaming government as the "root" of the problem is silly when it is above the ground. Look closer. Who is stacking the deck?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah the corporations have stacked the deck so much we have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

16. NorrisAlan

Does everything on this forum devolve into this? Here we have a car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and is so quiet doing it you cannot even hear it coming.

So, who is going to go in on the Get Norris a Tesla S fund?

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

More like S P33D

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The government officials are stacking the deck for kick backs and campaign donations but in the name of the greater good.

If anyone could just sale a new car, they'd be anarchy and women and children starving in the streets.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you blaming politicians for being moved by the invisible hand? They're just responding to the market for their influence! Free market!

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Nice job.