Interesting Words From Kippy Brown

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 28, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Kippy Brown on Lane Kiffin: 'Right now, he's probably a good fit' at Tennessee http://tinyurl.com/j2n92uz

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would take him back in a heartbeat.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

interesting that he would even comment on someone else at Tennessee without Tennessee actually having a vacancy.

4. BigOrangeBeech

He would be in the second tier for me. I am, however, not a part of the crowd that says "no way you bring him back" We could do a lot worse for sure.

5. BigOrangeBeech

I know, crazy

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he's a good offensive mind.

I think he's got too much nonsense going on to be a successful head coach.

7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Clay Travis currently pimping Kiffin to UT. He is begging Lyle to quit and take the Purdue job. Via his Periscope.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I agree UT can and probably will do worse. That said, I really don't like the idea.

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

saw a couple of folks on toos (or is it TOS? I can't keep that shit straight)... anyway.. the VN crowd... couple folks on one of those threads in there expressed desire to take kiffin back.

i agree that he might be a decent fit this time around, and don't have to worry about the likes of USC coming around again to sniff his ass...

But there really is something about taking back your whore of an ex wife who left you for another man.... y'know.... you just kinda can't be doing that shit.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Eh. It's like getting back together with your ex-girlfriend. Sure, maybe you miss her, and maybe you could've tried harder to make it work.

Deep down inside, though, you know she's a ****ing whore.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hey, if Petrino can go back to Louisville, anything is possible.

And if he wins, hey, I'm all for it.

12. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Well, I put him up vs Petrino as the best Offensive mind in the college game.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And it's not like Kiffin won huge or anything while he was here...

yeah he did some good things, couple of moral victories, but there was the McCluster*** game, and a pretty fortunate win over UK

I just think he'd be too volatile, on top of the question marks

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

He did kick the shit out of GA and came within a short hair of beating Bama.

15. BigOrangeBeech

From TOS....

John Brice said... (original post)
    Blackburn would hire Fulmer as a athletics ambassador, fund raiser similar to UF and Spurrier. Kiffin has told folks he knows he messed up here and wishes he could have another shot.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Second half of Auburn game through halftime of Memphis state game in 09 is the best tennessee football has played consistently since 2001.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I second that. I would prefer Gruden or Kelly, but I would absolutely take him if those guys actually said no.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Because it IS just a matter of time. Unfortunately, it may be 365 days of time.

19. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Did better against FL than anyone expected, too. Brought in the #1 recruit in the country. Halloween SC game. Most exciting year of CFB since Fulmer.