POLITICS Iran

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by kptvol, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ukraine and Iran are the same? I haven't read anything this morn, but I'm guessing some dumbass radical with the common sense of a jackass shot down a plane in knee jerk terrorist fashion.
    Could be way off. Could be right on. The latter is more likely

TangoUniform likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There were a lot of Iranians on the plane, is what I think he is getting at.

IP likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

it was full of mostly Iranians.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So maybe I was right?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds like quite a few Canadians as well.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I asked you two questions. You responded in a way that confirmed you actually were ignorant of the known details. I'm not sure it is technically possible for you to be right even if the ayatollah himself tore the engine up like a gremlin on the wing.

JudgmentVol and The Dooz like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

at least some dual nationals, I'm guessing.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe. The article i skimmed just said it's a pretty typical route coming from Toronto.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It’s no more complicated than this, IP, and just as I have repeatedly said:

1. This president believes that the harming of Americans and the threatening of our interests are unacceptable, and should be swiftly punished.

2. Soleimani was a murderous thug who has a decades-long record of both killing and maiming Americans, continuously threatening our interests and the general peace in the region, and had gotten away with thus far, for the same failed argument that you’re making here - that he’s purely a state actor, and that killing him would be an act of war. You want the same duality for him that Iran argues, essentially, that he’s a state actor when it fits, but a non-state actor when it doesn’t. You’re both wrong.

3. Trump was 100% correct in ordering him killed. I am glad he is dead, and now in hell. I personally regret that his death wasn’t more excruciating, and that we can’t actually kill him twice.

4. If Iran believes that his death is a declaration of war, then let them declare it. They neither need nor should await the US’ consent and agreement before doing so.

5. The power to make a formal declaration of war rests with the Legislative Branch, and in Congress. The President is neither seeking a formal declaration of war, nor does he need it, prior to taking military action. Such is squarely and exclusively within his abilities and powers as being both the POTUS & Commander in Chief. Short of a formal declaration of war, he doesn’t need Congressional agreement and approval, beforehand.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So.............WW3 imminent or no?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

point 2 is a straw man, as I pointed out already. it's bullshit you're projecting onto me to distract.

12. Tenacious D

No. Just the opposite. Trump is floating peace to them.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Already stockpiling ammo and canned food.

14. Tenacious D

I’m not projecting anything onto you, IP.

You’re goofy enough, as is.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've got enough to last 7 years, but I'll keep working on the SAM to pop out of roof if needed.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

where have I made a claim of duality? All I have said is that he is a state actor. Murderer, pos, state actor. what other thing have I said about him? He's Iranian. an agent of Iran. what duality claim is there?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yikes, IP, you've got an altered avatar. Welcome to the club (I know my current one is not altered, but past ones obviously have been).

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

failure to comply with the the Trump party's final, most essential command. I'm sure the consequences will only grow from here.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I always said it was them, not me, too.

IP likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

You’re saying he is only a state actor.

That is patently, demonstrably, provably, inarguably, and completely false.

You want him to be seen as only a state actor to simply advance your silly claim that Trump committed an act of war in killing him.

You then simultaneously and conveniently ignore the glaring reality that even if you’re right - which you aren’t - and he’s only a state actor, then that makes his every terrorist action an act of war on behalf of Iran, and against the United States - and which would still then give Trump every right and authority to respond - be it merely in killing him, carpet bombing Mashhad or storming Tehran and subjugating their entire country.

You insist Trump was wrong in killing him.
    He wasn’t, at all, and by any standard.

I’m then and also saying that Soleimani was a terrorist who killed Americans, threatened our interests, deserved to die, that it makes me happy that he’s dead, rotting in hell, and because that’s also true, as well.