Is this it for Mark Richt?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 1, 2015.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I see what you're sayin' but yeah, don't think Kiffin gets the nod when it's time

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Stepping in at LSU was / is easier than AL

Following Saban at AL no comparison. Difficult task no matter who the next HC is to be

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah it's hard to see them going that route, and I couldn't see the rednecks taking it well, if that even matters

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Not minimizing, I've stated Miles is a good coach however, don't hold him as high as some here do

Who compared Akers to Os or Switz?

Akers Texas group but for two yrs was a Top 5-10 program during same period

JJ played OU, NE who were perennial Top 10 (NE Top 3 '82-'83) powers during that time, though iirc Switzer did start to slid circa '81 or so. JJ held own and/or faired better against stiffer comp.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't disagree. My point was just that it takes a great coach to have long term sustained success, regardless of how much momentum the program has when the job changes hands.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. Saban was only at LSU for a few years. He has been at Bama for almost a decade and has them winning 12 games a year and three natties. I don't want to be the guy following The Guy.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Obviously I want to believe it, but I truly think there's about a 75% chance they fall off a cliff.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I tend to agree however, any those transitions are not always seamless or smooth, in general each situation presents a whole new set of dynamics

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well I didn't think shaw was capable at Stanford either.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Kiffin grabs nuts and states, "Who's got the kahoonies?" "ME!!!"

12. OrangeEmpire

I dunno, the opportunity is hard to turn down.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wouldn't turn it down, that is for sure. But history shows that it is very hard to be the guy after The Guy.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Kiffin is on staff next season

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't be surprised to see Richt announce he's retiring once the regular season ends

16. OrangeEmpire

HC?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Somewhere, just don't know where

18. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Stoops and Macks Browns teams were top 5-10 2001-2004 during Miles tenure at OSU. Can you tell me how JJ faired better than Miles at OSU? I honestly like to know. Akers did not play JJ. Different conference. Im not sure why you brought him into the conversation. Since you brought him up, Akers was very Fulmereqse at the end of his tenure at Texas. Took them over a decade to overcome what he left Texas. in 10 years akers teams finished unranked 4 of those.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Too many openings to choose from.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator