Is this it for Mark Richt?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Richt would probably be viewed a little more favorably if one of his two championships was a 2010 or later. But when you go a decade without a trophy, it's tough to convince people that you still have what it takes to win another.

He was an elite coach from 2001-2005. Pretty good coach from 2006 - present.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

bump

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably need to see what Butch can do there before I can make a good evaluation.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saban and Meyer.

So you list Tuberville as a coach who did nothing more than Richt. Makes no sense.

Miles is better than Richt. I give you that one.

Malzahn did what Richt did once, and needed a lucky as hell play in the Iron Bowl to do it.

...Unless you agree that Chizik's NC should be credited to Malzahn, a point with which I wouldn't disagree.

That leaves you with Miles and Malzahn.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Winning percentages; much easier to do now than in the past with more games filled with powder puffs..

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He was also around for the Meyer run at UF and the Saban dynasty at Bama. All I'm saying is conference and national championships are much easier to come by when those guys arent in your league. Nobody has beaten them regularly aside from each other.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He definitely needs another year -1, which can't happen at UT. Since we can't any longer play with fetuses, he can't have negative years. UGAcsn find a way to give him that back. If not, WVU, MD, UVA, Illinois, Purdue... ... or anywhere else can offer it.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah the list I referenced was just SEC games.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You remember your excuse for Richt not winning an SECC was having Saban at Bama. Malzhan won an SECC while Saban was at Bama. Chizik won a SECC while Saban was at Bama. Meyer won a SECC while Saban was at Bama. Miles won a SECC while Saban was at Bama.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Well there you have it; higher SEC winning percentage equals Richt greater than Meyer. Hell I will even be crazy and take Harbaugh with an SEC Winning percentage of "zero" over Richt with his fancy numbers.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He's Mark Richt.

12. RockyHill

They weren't in order. Or, yeah I'm not sure why you keep trying to tell me I'm saying Richt is better than Meyer.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Your post makes no sense. Richt has won SEC titles.

14. kidbourbon

This supports RockyHill's argument. "Gave them a chance to win" is certainly a degree between none and championships.

15. kidbourbon

And RockyHill is unquestionably right. The idea that there are no shades of grey between "New Mexico State" and "National Champion" is absurd on its face.

16. RockyHill

The degree argument belonged to Tenny. VD just thinks Richt accomplished nothing.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You said...

You say the equivalent of Huh?

How many SECC has Richt won with Saban at Bama?

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Nothing in the past 10 years.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I made the generalized comment that Sabah at Bama and Meyer at UF didn't help. You're morphing my statement to fit what you're arguing against. I'll I've said is that Richt has been a pretty good coach at UGA.

20. RockyHill

No, no, you said he did nothing with his elite QB's. You've tried to move the goalposts the whole time but you can't move em that far.