Is this it for Mark Richt?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if any Vandy fans actually believed this, they're worse than anybody on VN

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not sure keeping richt does much for Georgia. Any coach with a pulse there should be able to recruit well and go 9-3

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Oh, so you, a smart person, believe that success can be defined as your performance relative to ability or expectations.

Look at that, you agree with me and not TennyD.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I thinks that goes well with this statement - “I believe it is reasonable to expect us to play for the SEC title three or four times every 10 years and win a couple. I think those are expectations that we can and should meet at the University of Tennessee given our history along with the resources and fan support,”

Richt has not met expectations despite having Greene, Shockly, Stafford, Murray and much talent around them.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I suspect he would expect a program like UGA to win a SECC in 10 years whereas you are happy with AP rankings.

6. RockyHill

You said he'd accomplished nothing. That's what you said. Quit dancing around it.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. As Vols or. GA Bulldogs, titles are the standards. At Vandy, not so much.

VolDad is right about UGA underachieving badly with 4 great college QBs.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

NFL caliber players all over the field and 15 years. 2 SEC and not much of a hope of winning another anytime soon. He's had a decent run, nothing more.

9. RockyHill

Neyland, Saban, Framk Thomas, Bryant, Fulmer, Spurrier, Meyer, Dooley, Vaught, Stallings, Miles, Richt.

Those are the winningest coaches all time in SEC play. You can dog Richt all day long for not winning a championship, but calling it a "decent run" is focking stupid. Tuberville had a decent run. Houston Nutt had a decent run.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1985 Vols won the SEC Championship that year.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Two sec titles in 15 years is a decent run.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope they let him hang around 10 more years; his win total would increase though I doubt his Championships would.

Who would you rather have coaching your team; Urban Meyer or Richt. By your standards, Richt since he has more SEC Wins.

13. GahLee

Consistently winning 9 games over a 15 year stretch will get you on that list.

14. GahLee

Nothing more

15. GahLee

Shouldn't be noted that you are by yourself in this argument. Everyone else considers his tenure to that of an underachiever.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

How does his tenure compare to the actual performance of Georgia's football program over time, rather than some perceived idea of what it should be? Georgia isn't that much different than Texas.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I'd say, compared to what pretty much everybody else has done there, it's hard to call him an underachiever. Jmo.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Richt has been pretty good at UGA, but he failed to take advantage of too many opportunities to win championships. Still, it didn't help that he's had to deal with one of the best college coaches of all time building a dynasty in the opposite division for the last however many years.

19. RockyHill

Winning % not wins.

20. RockyHill

That's winning %, I should have been more clear.