Is this the most miserable Vol board on the interwebs?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VB, Nov 1, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If jones is building to program for future success why wouldn't the new coach be able to have immediate success?

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

You do not think there would be fallout? Players quitting, transfers, etc.? It does not necessarily matter how well you have been recruiting if a good chunk of the class you just signed ups and leaves after the coach that recruited them got fired.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Generally speaking players and recruits give the new regime a chance.

4. nomojo

nomojo Member

I see a team that has better players, is playing harder, is more competitive, and a heck of lot more fun to watch than the last few years. CBJ may not be the answer for SEC titles and playoffs, but I'm encouraged by the improvement.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The effort and talent is unquestionably better. But do keep in mind the previous coach was the worst in history, and statistically we just witnessed the lowest set of years in almost 120 years of Tennessee football. Like, you lived it. You saw it as bad as it ever was and hopefully ever will be.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"He's not Dooley" isn't anywhere near good enough.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think the fans will come around. I hope so anyway. Right now, we are just glad the pain has ended, and it makes us feel better. At some point, CBJ will have to produce or he will be out in the cold.

But then again, our fans can be a bit...slow.