Is this the most miserable Vol board on the interwebs?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VB, Nov 1, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In good measure I agree. Rather have that than Phil clapping with the headset under his arms.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no problem whatsoever with him yelling at the GA. That shit loses football games.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

So does shitty playcalling.

The problem I have is that Butch usually goes apeshit at times he doesn't need to, on people he doesn't need to.

Like going nuts on Darr at Ole Miss when his sorry ass playcalling and schemes were screwing is so badly that had Darr not had a monstrous night, we'd been down 200.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm okay flipping shit on sidelines.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If I'm the head guy, I don't want anyone else' **** ups putting L's on my record. If my **** ups lose games, that's on me, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone else lose games for me.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I agree with you to an extent. I agree that Butch going off on Darr was a mistake and misguided, but I don't think it falls into quite the same category as chewing out the GA.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Eh...as a matter of principle, I feel the same way, however, the D Quality Control Coach (first guy he yelled at) & Jancek deserved that shit. 10 guys on the field resulted in a 70 yard touchdown, I'll give him a pass.

I've been scorned by little old ladies in the stands because of my tendency to yell "[uck fay]!!!!" a lot during games. As a matter of principle, I feel it to be extremely uncouth to yell "[uck fay]" in the presence of little old ladies but....UT football tends to bring out the bad side in me.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We lost to Kentucky, though, via the overtime/regulation tiebreaker.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You are a Holgorsen guy. You have no choice. I don't mean that as a shot, just truth.

10. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Holgorsen: "Did somebody say shots?"

11. hatvol96

True. Dana has a higher BAC than I do now, which is disturbing.

12. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

Quality!

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I don't really see it that way, but it's your opinion to think that. I just don't really see how trying to remain open minded about the coaching staff under the current circumstances equates to blind VFL homer-ism.

14. RockyHill

There's a difference between being open minded and willful ignorance.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Willfully ignorant just because I don't agree with the particular stance most have currently taken against the current staff on here? There's a difference between that and remaining optimistic when the last thing we need is a coaching change right now. We likely have Butch for a minimum of one and a half more years minus any crazy setbacks, so I don't understand what's so bad about trying to look on the bright side of things until he gives me serious reason to doubt. For me, that point has still not happened yet since it's still only year 2........and that's just how I see things.

I just still don't understand what people expected these first 2 or 3 years. It's like some people somehow overlooked all our problems left over from Dooley and automatically expected us to compete for SEC or national titles from year one right out of the gate.

16. RockyHill

I think the difference between yourself and most on here is fairly simple. Where you might be happy with a 6-6 record regardless of what happens, many on here will be happy with 6-6, but only if what we see from our coaching staff exhibits a level of ability that would indicate they can take us to where we expect and desire our program to be. For many, this staff outside of recruiting hasn't given us confidence in such an ability. This is why some are capable of being fairly pissy, even after a win.

Edit: I don't want to come off as yelling you what you think, it's just the feeling I got.

17. hatvol96

Keep buying into coaches who have taken the exhaust pipe at this level and assume they will now win.

18. hatvol96

Fair enough.

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I am content with 7 or so wins a year and making a bowl in the rebuilding phase. When the 2 or 3 year "grace" period for Butch ends and we are not winning close to 10 games a year and winning titles I will want him gone just like anyone else should. You seem to think that I am content with mediocrity for the football program. I am not. As cliche as it sounds, there is a process.....and I guess I have tried to remain more patient with that than most.

20. RockyHill

I didn't mean to imply you were ok with mediocrity, 6-6 is just an example. I think we just differ on how we evaluate progress and what constitutes sufficient improvement.