Is your hope for football restored?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

With the recent coaching hires are you hopeful for football?

Is your faith restored yet?

Thoughts? ™

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No.

The last 24 hours have been a nice little adrenaline boost, but quite frankly the only thing that is going to make me hopeful is wins against Florida, Georgia and the like.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No.

[ddiapos] is still the coach.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

9 and 3 being a starting point for you?

5. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I'm with Card, show me you can win.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Had a couple positive developments with Sunseri and McCullers, but I'm with Cardinal. Until there are some tangible results, no reason to start pretending we're back.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

A little bit. It has more to do with the recruits coming in than the coaching hires though.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The defense wasn't really the problem this year. Our best offensive player is coming off a major injury, and we never proved that we can score on high-level SEC defenses. If you have any hope, best keep it cautious.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They have to run the ball. Until they show me they can do that than I don't have much hope. I believe Pittman and Graham are a major upgrade over Heinshit and a GA though.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm interested to see how Sam Pittman handles James Stone next season. I'm sure it will be much better than Harry did.

11. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Until we see improved perfomance after the snap......... its to hard to really see if were heading into the right direction!

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Let's see. We hired the guy who was John Blake's offensive line coach at Oklahoma and a guy who was, at best, third in command on the defensive side at Alabama. Yeah, I'm just plain giddy about the future.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm hopeful, but realistic expections are still low.

I still see the offense as the aspect of the team in question.

14. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Shit, still need to learn how to snap the ball....

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Needs to translate on the field. Gonna have to wait a while to see that.

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Hopefully these guys can bring in some big time recruits to where we can be competitive talent wise with Bama/LSU

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have hope in the sense that we hired good recruiters and won't have a complete cluster[uck fay] when the next coach takes over.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Been looking through a bit of Pitman's stats while at UNC, specifically rushing-

Ranged from 99 yards a game to 138 rushing. Typically in the middle to lower half of the ACC in YPG and YPC, and the conference as a whole had less rushing yards average than the SEC. Actually, throw out Ga Tech under Johnson and it's uncanny how big the difference is.

Just looking at this VERY high level, Pittman doesn't look like he's going to be a miracle worker to improve the rushing game. My guess is we're sticking with slinging the ball. I can't imagine he'll be any worse than Heistead, but you have to be able to run the ball to win in the SEC and I've not seen anything to show his teams can do it over a course of the season and dominate doing it.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've been burned so much in the last few years, my heart is closed. It will take on-field results before I can love again...

20. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

My faith will be restored when we start beating the teams we are supposed to beat, and competing to the point of having a chance, against the teams that should beat us.