Jay Graham to FSU?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What's bad is Butch will win 7 or 8 games consistently and may fall ass backwards into a 9 or 10 win season if the stars align. That will be enough to keep the majority of the fanbase content for 4 or 5 years.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The state that the program is in, I think it would be impossible to stumble into 10 wins at this point. If he did that, immense credit to him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I meant year 3 or 4, like Shula did at Bama.

Butch isn't a bad coach, but he's not a good either. He's just average and average is well below the standard in regards to SEC football coaches.

But, the fact Muschamp has an 11 win season keeps me from going full bore depressed.

4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

That's what I was thinking. Those idiots are acting like losing Graham is an upgrade for UT.

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Exactly where I am with it.

The cream of the crop of the current coaching staff just left. What else can be expected? As much as he stated otherwise in the pc, this guy is as "system" as system gets. He has his plan and system and will not deviate from it other than to run a few more pass plays than run plays, or vice versa. If he has a QB ready that can run zone read, he will use that. If not, he won't. Real ****ing original. Like the rest of the top coaches in the SEC and around the country aren't going to figure that out in what - 10 seconds? Graham knew all of this more than any of us. I applaud him for having the good sense to get out.

Mediocrity - thine name is Vol.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I forget who said it, but we are now Iowa.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Go Hawkeyes!

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Sparty is quite the douche lord.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Still sour about the legion of doom being right about Dooley while everybody else wanted to give him time.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Liberty Bowl here we come!

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Legion of Doom 1
    Sons of the Orange Dog 0

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Boom

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Legion of Doom? Does that make me Paul Ellering?

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's all blind homerism/hope with guys like Sparty, yet they twist it into fact. I imagine him sitting in a home consumed by fire, but making no effort to get out because it's his house after all and the flames are orange.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. on one hand he says that the staff is the best you could get outside of hiring head coaches and on the other hand he talks about installng his "system." well are we really to believe that the best assistant coaches in college football just happen to know his system?

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Unfortunate that they won't venture to a place where a debate can be had without heavy-handed moderation. But he sure is an internet tough guy when there's someone to take away the nasty people's comments. I see no way this guy didn't get shit-kicked often in school. If he didn't, it's only because the whole student body was douches as well.

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

As bad as VN is, it's not near the authoritarian state that Cocky Talk is. You literally can say anything that can be construed as negative or they will penalize/ban you. The mods over there get off on having ePower.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am thinking more along the lines of Colorado.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

spot on! that is perfect!

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

1. I think he will avg. 8 wins

2. It will open A LOT of eyes within the AD and University when they realize that there is not much difference financially between a 5-7 Dooley team and an 8-4 Butch Jones team.

3. Worst case scenario is that we have to wait until Peyton puts in a puppet as AD. I think it is far more likely though that after point 2 unfolds, the University and AD reconcile over the idea that an 11 win team brings in millions more for everyone than what an 8 win team ever will.