Jay Graham to FSU?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Robert Gillespie????????????

That came out of left field.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am not a big fan of this hire.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Probably could do worse though... Like hiring Jancek as our D coordinator or half of CMU's staff.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're expecting a home run hire given what we have seen?

Not trying to be a smartass in any way towards you.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good point.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

But I thought he was supposed to land every recruit because he is black? At least that is the news from those "other" places...

7. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

He looks like a possible upgrade on paper, if you aren't hung up on he isn't from Tennessee. If Graham wasn't happy or could make more money elsewhere, he made the right decision. I don't know how Jones will do, but I would like to have a staff that actually wants to be here.

8. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I hope he works out, and the staff should definitely want to at least earn the money coming their way. I am just sick of the same old story. Every coach we get is an upgrade and the old guy was a scrub or a traitor and we didn't need him. (See: Wilcox to Sunseri or California Boy to Southern Boy who loves sweet tea and grits...) Given the number of times we have upgraded coaches in the last four years, we should be well on the way to beating the Baltimore Ravens for the Lombardi Trophy.