Jay Graham to FSU?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Its what happened during Thanksgiving with Gruden/Hart/Cheek.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

1. I would be shocked if I felt Graham knew Jones was the man for this job and the school and AD was pushing to bring the program back where it should be. And he left home to go to FSU.

2. If Graham has questions about Jones and UTs brass in regards to the direction of the program, I (same as you) are not the least bit shocked he left. And I would really have a hard time blaming him.

I think 2 is closer to the truth.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Woooo.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, Randy Sanders is currently the RB coach for the Noles. Does he move or does Jay try to coach another position? If so, does that make us look even shittier that he left his alma mater to coach something outside his wheelhouse?

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Absolutely. This is why I have checked out emotionally until there is a reason to reinvest. Until things change at the top there really is not much hope for Tennessee football. I admire those who look for any positives and try to focus on those, but I can't do that anymore. If we can remove both Hart and Cheek and luck into competent replacements (I've lost confidence in UT making well-researched, intelligent hires anywhere at this point), then perhaps we'll begin the climb back. Until then all we have is blind hope, in my opinion.

6. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Im gettin an insecurtiy complex may need be commited for the that low grade heroin I'm about to shoot up!

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm eagerly awaiting a "buy UT tickets" email in the next 24 hours. Seems to go along with how they operate.

And I feel sorry for the intern who takes my phone call if I get that email.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Serious question: How will this affect the Volympics standings?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

More serious question: Should we replace the football forum with a Volympics form?

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Gonna bring Randy back to Knoxville, imo.

11. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Butch is a bigot????? Is this were we are in 2013 ............... Mediocre coach is a bigot???!

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My dad received one immediately following the Butch hire. He blew their shit up.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What's worse is that I really don't even give a flip anymore. This news doesn't irritate me for a long period of time. Hello apathy.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

How terrible could Butch Jones be if someone would rather work for Jimbo Fisher? I mean, just tell me UT was cheap. At least let me have that solace.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I've taken a pretty neutral stance on the hire so far, but this does raise some questions. That said, I'm not at all going to go into freak out mode this early....especially when the spring game hasn't even happened yet, much less the first game of next season.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Part of me is really starting to question Graham's career decisions if you look at the last two moves.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If his ego is hurt because he isn't paid much I get it and more power to him. It's a big boy's world out there. But Jimbo? smh.

18. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Maybe hart thinks dooley had a good idea....not hiring a RB coach.
    Just saying, haha

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I couldn't name two recruits from our signing class. North is the only one I know. I just don't give a **** anymore. I have no ****s left to give.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

This program is the gift that keeps giving. Nothing surprised me any longer. If it's broke, don't fix it.