Jay Graham to FSU?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm assuming it's fairly close to what has been said here?

I just want to know what happened Nov 27-29. That's the only piece I don't know.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Interested.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yous guys?

It's another example in a long line of ****ups that is the UTAD. But as mentioned by someone else prior, you pay for what you get. It's time everyone accepts the fact we're paying for mediocrity yet still looking up at it.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if Butch asked for more money to give Graham the raise he'd want in order to stay and was rebuked by Cheek/Hart.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's already allocated the 6 million right?

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think Hart resigns w/in the calendar.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Glad I'm not the only cynic that has wondered this.

8. govols74n

govols74n New Member

That is what is being rumored on the vn site.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If your taking the stance its not a big deal because we have sucked recently and should be used to it, Id somewhat agree. That = apathy.
    Should it be that way or continue to stay that way? That changes everything.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He was a running backs coach. I think Jay's legacy at UT is the driving force behind all the cliff diving. Former Vol or not, he was just a running backs coach.

He isn't the key to this staff, no running backs coach would be.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I don't believe it got that far.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

JMO

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

My stance is this. He's a running backs coach. Is there a less important coach on a football staff?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You're vastly undermining his recruiting ability and how this will be portrayed by those who are recruiting against us. Just more ammo to the stockpile they already have.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Compared to Graham? Sure. Elder, Stripling, Thigpen, Martinez.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Posting this so you guys don't need to read the thread

Jay Graham to FSU (merged) - Page 2 - VolNation

LebanonVolunteer
    I am not really that surprised. I would be curious to hear he he is leaving on his own, or is being helped. I felt when he was retained as the lone coach from the CDD staff it was because he could very well deliver a couple top RBs we really needed in this class. When he struck out on the studs(Lee is a decent pickup if he qualifies), I think he had reason to worry. Him leaving Tennessee for FSU does not make sense to me unless he is being told to look for work. CJG seems to be a solid RB coach. His recruiting is very much in question. JMO

orange parmejohn
    hope they replace him with someone that can recruit star running backs.

utfantilidie
    I hate to see him go but he may have felt he did not fit in with Coach Jones coaching philosophy. I wish him well.

LebanonVolunteer
    He helped land North no doubt. Players like North are group efforts from alot of people. CJG coaches RBs, not WRs. It was very much on him to land a top recruit as he coaches them. How many RBs did we miss on where CJG was their lead recruiter? We offered almost 40 RBs and it was a trainwreck to say the least.

vol4life03
    Dang this is most likely why green went to Michigan ???? This had had to be known for a while he just didn't wake up and decide to go to FSu!!!!! This is a stupid move but oh we'll we should be use to dumb crap like this now guys........ Go vols

Scotty's Flat Top
    The one good thing about CBJ bringing his coaches with him from Cincy and Western is I don't see any of them selling out. We should be pretty stable from here on out.

utvols88
    If reports are true that butch lobbied for Jay then this is bs on Jays part. His boss fought for him and would have continued to do so throughout the year. Loyalty is a two way street within a gated community. We showed our credentials by giving him a raise in the first place. He showed UT his ass.

1orangews6
    God, family, and VOLS
    Hate to lose a good RB coach and a former VOL player but I am sure that CBJ will find someone that is a good recruiter and just as good if not beter coach as CJG.

armchair
    This makes no sense. Is it money? Our assistants make big salaries--and while no FSU's are well-paid as well, how much more could he be making as a RB coach? Enough to leave your alma mater? Or maybe he just thinks that he's moving to a better program. Even so, this is BS. I don't really care about losing Graham, but I do care about losing a young African American recruiter. That, gents, is something that we badly need.

87Vol
    Hey Graham, turn in your freakin' VFL card on the way out, you unloyal money grubbin' piece of garbage !!!

You're either fer us or agin us !!! Taint no 'twixt or 'tween!!!!

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

John Brice ‏@John_BriceVQ
    @UTCoachGraham will get a raise at FSU. He was the second-lowest paid member on the @UTCoachJones #Vols staff at $260k. 7 assts. earned more

Also, apparently TK Jr tweeted that hiring Towelie would be a great move and people are eating it up. My God...

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I thought this was the best staff in America?? What gives??!

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If this was a staff of proven recruiters, I would agree