JG

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 2, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If you haven’t been paying attention, plenty of folks are taking shots at Pruitt as well for the situation at hand.

However, being upset with Pruitt doesn’t change objective fact about JG. Pointing out those observations isn’t a cheap shot. It’s just a fact. He is not very good.

I’m with you on launching a social media campaign or flying a plane with a banner extolling his suckitude is a cheap shot - that should be aimed at Pruitt. But commenting on his skills on a message board seems fair game. I’m sure that some can take that too far - by the topic shouldn’t be off limits.

Tenacious D and Beechervol like this.
  2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There comes a point when it goes too far.

OneForVol likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perhaps. But even so, you’re not the arbiter as to when that line is crossed, again, if even possible.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a lot of jackasses that cross the line a lot on him.

I think he's a terrible, football illiterate QB. I don't think he's a bad person. I do think it's time to change, but I'm not against him taking a beating against UGA and Alabama before he's removed.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And to be fair to JG, he's been [uck fay]ed since he got to Knoxville. First, by Butch and the lies he may or may not have told him in regards to playing time and by having a different OC every year that he's been here. I'm sure when he committed, he didn't expect the shit show he has been a part of on the Hill.

That said, he has zero business being a starting QB in the SEC at this point in his career. Right now, he's exponentially worse than anyone I can recall seeing under center in orange not named Nathan Peterman. I hope he doesn't take another snap here and would love to see him finish his career anywhere else and wish him luck. Just quit losing football games for Tennessee.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

He has been giving his all and I hate it for him but you’re right. He has come up short and this year found a way to dig his hole deeper. The cord needs to be cut.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I can share my opinion and I did. And I hardly think you need a Doctorate in Human Sensitivities to do so. Disagree if you like. But it begins to get personal and I believe it went too far. The point has been made.

8. Tenacious D

I didn’t disagree with your making any point but in assuming a clearly incorrect position.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I won't apologize for saying he should focus on academics and internships. The NFL is not likely in the cards.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

More than likely the case.

I had reservations about him last year even knowing the OL was destroying any chance he had of showing what he could.
    The OL has given him a chance to play the position this year. He has plenty of targets and Chaney has given him plenty of chances. He also has a starting RB averaging 5.5 yrds a carry.

Even with the reservations I thought he would be serviceable until they get another developed.

I dont think anyone thought he would be this bad and it has caused a lot problems.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't get why saying he sucks is a big deal. If my son was playing qb at UT right now, there is zero doubt that he would suck really really bad.
    Maybe not JG bad, even though hes on the autism spectrum. Im pretty sure lefty release woulda hit DWA in stride too with the math calculated in a millisecond

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it makes me uncomfortable that you keep bringing up your son being autistic and of a similar ability to JG. not exactly sure why.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hes high functioning and has a good lefty release. Actually ambidextrous too but can sling it further lefty. He's very slow afoot though, which is where he and JG are similar.

14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

15. Tenacious D

What does his having autism have to do with his physical abilities - or JG’s. I think that’s his point.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Autism occasionally gives people the ability to shoot lasers from their eyes.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, my post was a bit douchey with the pic. I think that's probably what set him off. I was thinking about taking it down the next day while I was out for a run, but once the name calling began, I decided to leave it there for historical reference.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

JG is a great guy, but a great QB he is not.

Bout as nice as you can put it.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Great guys don't play a team sport and immediately tell the new coach they are transferring if they have to split first team reps.

Tenacious D and RockyHill like this.
  20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Don’t know if he’s a good guy or a bad one, and really don’t care.

All I know is he’s an awful quarterback. And I don’t see anything wrong with stating the obvious.