JG

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 2, 2019.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I really dont know if hes a great guy. I'll give him credit for something I know nothing about though.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If this and the miss to DWA aren't enough to get him benched for the rest of the season, nothing will.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because of the way it cuts I cannot see what happens.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

D495E2B4-D01D-44C5-8C95-C622DAC6A243.jpeg

6. I think he needs to be benched, but this looked like it could have been a misread by Callaway. I really haven't read or watched anything from that game. Has Pruitt commented on this play?

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Maybe. But when he threw that ball there wasn't a receiver within 15 yards.

8. There would have been if Callaway had run a hitch to the first down marker. That ball has to be coming out before the receiver turns around. I am not advocating for JG, but I'm not sure this pass was his fault.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was cover two. Receivers are taught to get up field so the the throw is between the corner and the safety. It's an easy read most are taught in high school for quarterbacks. It's not always an easy throw, though

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Qb also needs to be able to take a split second peak at the cbs hips. If he turns them its man and comeback is fine., CB styyed square, squatted and never took more than a 2 yard drop before running the route. Telegraphed and another bad read.

11. Thanks. This is what I wasn't sure about. It's clearly a misread. I just didn't know who read it incorrectly. It's obvious in this picture that he is in his throwing motion as Callaway gets to the first down marker.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 9.55.48 AM.png
    And again, I don't think JG should take another snap. There is plenty of evidence that he isn't reading defenses or reacting quickly enough to get it done.

Attached Files:

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's broke, mentally

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Broke-broke.

kmf600 likes this.
  14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'd guess the challenge for the coaches is he answers all the questions correctly in the film room and looks like he knows what he's doing on the practice field but just doesn't translate to game speed and real game variables. The cognitive dissonance had to be so great it took seeing four games to finally accept it.

RockyHill and IP like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for JG

We are not going to give Georgia a scouting report this week. We are going to rep the guys that give us the best chance to win.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Still think he trots JG out there to start against GA. He's got one half to show something, then Maurer is put in and we roll from there. Just my opinion.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mauer Power

20. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

JG will be his undoing for recruiting, to me it would show him as not willing to make a change for the betterment of the program/ Team.