POLITICS John McCain, the Loss of an American Hero

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by JayVols, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So that means its related to Trump? Maybe some have felt that way for many years. Commentary on mccain goes way back. Others dont like to see people lauded and would rather see a fall from grace vs praised. Not one repub or independant or whatever person I know has said a negative word about him

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You're speculating here, and perhaps incorrectly. I don't agree that even a portion of those wishing to attend a speech by Ben Shapiro or Ann Coulter would otherwise be out roaming the streets looking for a "violent confrontation", at any time beforehand or afterward.

No reasonable person is objecting to their right to peaceably lawful protest, but we should be equally unwilling to allow anyone to infringe the speaker's right to free speech, insofar as it is legally permissible, and of the audience's right to peaceable and lawful assembly.

3. Tenacious D

You're either silly, illiterate, a lunatic or a liar or some combination of the four, and are not to be taken seriously.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't disagree. At the same time, don't expect a filter on being called out for a lack of decency. I know Tenny doesn't care. Just saying the knife cuts both ways.

IP likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A speaker doesn’t have a right to free speech from “anyone” only “government.”

Because, again, freedom of speech is a protection AGAINST government. Not other people.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This is literally how I would describe Donald Trump and a significant portion of his supporters.

JayVols and The Dooz like this.
  7. Tenacious D

upload_2018-8-28_15-25-0.gif