Kiffin Fired

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 29, 2013.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So addressing the media through youtube after getting beat by a pirate is classy. That was a total [itch bay] move.

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

If Gruden ends up at USC I'm going to fling myself from my 1st floor window while on fire.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How would he have done that? Borrow from Bobby Petrino and leave notes? Use the Todd Graham approach and send texts? Lane's mistake in that situation was trying to appease UT fans by "explaining" himself through the local media. He should have walked straight out of the complex after telling the players and gone to the airport.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

An even better move would have been a youtube video.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm throughly enjoying the UT fan reaction to this. Inferiority complex at its finest.

6. hatvol96

Why weren't you [itch bay]ing about it when he did it when they were winning? Didn't say it was classy, just saying it's nothing new.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We've got all corners of retardation covered in the UT fan base.

8. hatvol96

Which would be more than pretty much any other coach changing jobs has done in the last 25 years. Of course, no reason to let facts get in the way of an agenda.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Who gives a shit about the media?

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll be right behind you, that was farging funny

11. hatvol96

I'll take that as a more verbose way of saying "I got nothing."

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My only real agenda is he is an awful head coach. I have said that all along. Pretty clear now.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is really a pointless argument. He is now unemployed and its nobodies fault but his own. I respect the fact that you are sticking up for a "freind".

14. hatvol96

Yet, he's got an above .500 record taking over three different places in various state of distress. I'd hate to see what that makes about 70% of the guys in D-I now.

15. hatvol96

An argument you created by acting as if there is some way Kiffin could have handled his exit from Knoxville better.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I don't know him from Adam, but Knoxville should be throwing a parade right now to bring him back.

17. hatvol96

Who said it was anyone else's fault. The head coach is always ultimately responsible.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I'd fire Bajerkian and Asinine in a second to bring Kiffin and Tee Martin onto our staff.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I will take the blame for that. I still think he stinks as a head coach and I stand by that. In the long run I could be wrong but I have a good feeling I'm not.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would too. I just would not want him as the head man. He is an excellent coordinator.