Knoxville Eateries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by reVOLt, Oct 30, 2012.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

West Town Hooters was the first one I ever went to many many years ago. I have a special place in my heart for that specific establishment.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

As long as he brings back Sam and Andy's to the strip, I'm cool.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Loved that place

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Removes hat while a small tear forms in the inner corner of left eye, "damn the arteries, give me a Philly Cheese Steak with extra cheese".

5. Oldvol75

Turkey on long white with smoke cheddar! It still rolls off my lips just fine!

6. Oldvol75

My boys got to go there once before it closed and to this day want another one!

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm sure you know this but they have locations in Farragut and Fountain City. Not the same, I know, but the food is still pretty good.

8. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

Solid post.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At least Gus's is still there.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Never ate there sober. Had a friend who did once; ended up yacking his guts out.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

A girl I graduated high school with was working there while I was in law school. She was dating Tom Pritchard. Nothing like sitting at the bar drinking beer and eating buffalo shrimp while watching Stan Lane working the rest of the staff for their numbers. It was like a graduate course in Busty Dumb Chick Procurement.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Always a plus to watch the girls in action while enjoying a meal

13. Oldvol75

Did not know that, thanks.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Reserved - moving posts.

[​IMG]

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Death to McAlister's!

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I made a list of my favorite places to eat in Knoxville that excluded some of the obvious choices (Chandler's, Nama, Soccer Taco) on TOOS a while back. I have copied and pasted it here, with one correction.

1. Rankin's (Central Ave.): Best meat and three in the city not named Chandler's.
    2. Elidio's Pizza (Central Ave. Pike): Best pizza for money and time taken to get a pie in front of you.
    3. Senor Taco (Broadway): My favorite Mexican joint in town. Incredible carnitas.
    4. Cafe 4 (Market Square): I always feel like a yuppie eating there, but boy is it good.
    5. [RIP] Old College Inn (Cumberland Ave.): Good burger, neat atmosphere. [RIP]
    6. Half Barrel (Cumberland Ave.): Love it. Food is good for a bar, and beer selection stellar
    7. Sunspot (Cumberland Ave.): Neat menu and killer hummus.
    8. Vol Market # 3 (Western Ave.) Great hot dog and best Arnold Palmer around.
    9. Stop and Go Deli (Dandridge Ave. at Five Points) Everything I have eaten there is good. Best soup beans ever.
    10. Ott's (Kingston Pike past Farragut) Acquired taste, and not quite like the original. But different kind of bbq you have to try once
    11. Stefano's (Cumberland Ave.) Pitchers of beer and Monday pizza buffet. Yes please.

17. InVolNerable

I loved OCI. Cheese Bings, Big Gulps, and English Muffin burgers.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Hawkeyes, they had 3 for 1 shots on Thursdays and the food was good
    Ruby Tuesday's on the strip
    O'Chucks on the strip
    Spicy's
    OCI - mmmm, cheese bings
    Stafano's
    Sunspot
    Sam and Andy's --- loved their burger with the smoked cheddar and their fries were awesome
    Gus's - Only had steak and cheeses while drunk, delivered by the guy that liked to bum smoke
    The shell station on the strip --- Rooster with cheese

Dude, I loved Ott's had forgotten about that place.

Cooper Cellar still around?
    Several places down in the Old City that I liked as well, probably aren't there anymore

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Copper Cellar is still around. Both locations. The original CC is a gem, and one of the best places to grab a beer and steak in the entire world.

20. InVolNerable

I love Copper Cellar. Every Wednesday and Sunday in college I was there for $4 burgers and $2 drafts. A truly great establishment.