Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

When are the LV's going to be good again?

Like, I don't really care...but I feel like we should be good again.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Not next year. They have two players and they’re both going pro. And zero recruits committed for next year

3. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Jesus

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Second year in a row they get a 12 seed instead of a 5 seed to get to the S16. Kellie Harper has a horseshoe up her ass

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"Look at me"

Ssmiff likes this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hopefully she’s drunk

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We get Virginia Tech tonight. They’re a 1 seed but I think they’re among the softest 1 seeds the women’s tournament has had. Vegas says it’s a pick ‘em. We lost a close one to them in Knoxville this year but our best player DNP that one, and she’s playing this time. Tbh we should probably win. We have the better talent. But this isn’t typically a game Kellie Harper wins.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    A-Smith likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah according to the metrics, UConn is the true one seed in the region.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Looks like UConn is going to lose. There’s a window to get to the Final Four now.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Two revenge games to get there. Both winnable, neither easy.

13. Tar Volon

Welp, let VT have eight of the first nine rebounds like it’s the men’s team or something.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It’s sad that Kellie Harper isn’t working out. She was a very good player here. Worked her ass off in rehab after a torn ACL to come back in just 3 months to help us win a natty. But she’s not a coach.

15. Tar Volon

Has this team considered not digging an 18-point hole before they start playing basketball?

SetVol13 likes this.
  16. Tar Volon

19-4 run to cut it to one…and immediately give up an 8-0 run to send it back out of reach.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jordan Horston would drive me absolutely insane if I were coaching and she wouldn't survive Pat Summit, for sure. She's extremely talented and will do 5 dumb things every game, a turnover machine.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The female Scotty Hopson. A very good player who will do a lot of good things and a lot of things that will infuriate you in the same game.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I really want to like Harper, she's a good person, former player, and does good things for her girls. But, her on floor record and product leaves much to be desired. They played a bunch of good teams and lost to all of them, except for one miracle out of body comeback fluky win against LSU. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I always worry when a female coach has her husband as the #1 assistant. I'm not sure what qualifies her hubby to be such an integral part of the decision making process.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I did see Denae Frits is leaving Iowa State. Given she’s from Maryville and her mom works at the ag school I would hope Harper would be going after her hard.