Las Vegas Concert Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Oct 2, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't buy ISIS or ANTIFA.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm still going with lunatic until evidence proves otherwise.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Nor do I. Mental illness/break most likely.

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Well I stick to my original assessment until shown other evidence.

From Psychology Today:
    " Most perpetrators are young males who act alone after carefully planning of the event. They often have a longstanding fascination with weapons and have collected large stores of them. The shootings usually occur in a public place and during the daytime.

Individual case studies involving psychological autopsy and a careful analysis of the often copious communications left behind suggest common psychological themes. The mass murderer is an injustice collector who spends a great deal of time feeling resentful about real or imagined rejections and ruminating on past humiliations. He has a paranoid worldview with chronic feelings of social persecution, envy, and grudge holding. He is tormented by beliefs that privileged others are enjoying life’s all-you-can-eat buffet, while he must peer through the window, an outside loner always looking in.

Aggrieved and entitled, he longs for power and revenge to obliterate what he cannot have. Since satisfaction is unobtainable lawfully and realistically, the mass murderer is reduced to violent fantasy and pseudo-power. He creates and enacts an odious screenplay of grandiose and public retribution. Like the child who upends the checkerboard when he does not like the way the game is going, he seeks to destroy others for apparent failures to recognize and meet his needs. Fury, deep despair, and callous selfishness eventually crystalize into fantasies of violent revenge on a scale that will draw attention.
The mass murderer typically expects to die and frequently does in what amounts to a mass homicide-personal suicide. He may kill himself or script matters so that he will be killed by the police."

5. CardinalVol

You do realize he was 64, right?

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

If you read my earlier post you will see that I said that his age doesn't quite fit the profile.

7. CardinalVol

Then why bold it to make it seem as if it does?

8. CardinalVol

A guy from Paris, TN was one of those killed.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

new update, 58 killed,515 wounded, very sad

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Gambling Debts?!?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Monstrous if so

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Sorry I was highlighting key parts of the profile even though I had earlier mentioned that his age was outside the norm.

I also dont believe he was "insane." At least not in the sense most people define it. In other words unless he was hopped up on drugs he was probably very lucid. He was more than likely a malignant narcissist.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No way...

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Conflicting reports on this.

15. CardinalVol

His father was once on the FBI's most wanted list, so we got history.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

His dad was a lunatic.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So now a CBS exec has supposedly been caught saying she doesn't care because country music fans are usually Republican.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well, if true, nice knowing you. Idiot.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Career over. Good bye. Good riddance.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm hearing NBC has a new CEO