Let's Quit Messing Around...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 6, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

But seriously, it's probably disturbing what I'd do to guarantee that scenario. I would JPP my left hand right focking now if I had to.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would be awesome.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Already see where this is headed. Setting Butch up for a salary bump and extension.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's hard for me to accept that as a plausible scenario, even though I know it shouldn't be.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I swear if Butch 'Gundy's' Dave Hart into a raise after this season, I'm done.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Best case:
    Botch goes to Miami or VT. Hart gets fired for mishandling the process. Blackburn gets hired and immediately gets Gruden complete with Tee at WR Coach, Peyton at QB, Graham at RB and Cooter as OC. All in.

What will happen:
    [itch bay] leverages for a raise and extension to 2022. Hart is praised by the legion of the lost. Botch loses to Bama, UGA, UF and aTm next year and cites invisible vampires, hidden progress and bricks. Lyles Legion of the Lost eats it up.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hey, we are talking about UT football here. Get your priorities in proper order.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Countries come and go. UT Football is Eternal.

9. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Ill take that under advise. I stopped posting after the earlier failure to hire Gruden. After reading this thread a lot of old feelings are coming back. I don't think I could stand being so close to hiring Gruden and failing again. My meds have limitations.

10. 'Boro-Vol

'Boro-Vol New Member

This thread is bringing back memories of Gruden fueled waves of ecstasy....I must not allow my self to fall under its spelll. I must not believe again.....

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't feel like starting a new thread for this.

Met with some folks today that are part of a group my company acquired. One of the guys was about 80. We start talking ut football and such. I decide to play it calm and just give general yeah, should finish 8-4, inprovement, next year could be great, etc.

Anyway, out of nowhere the 80 year old drops "I'll tell you this much, that second rate better coach better not lose this weekend. And I'm not convinced he wont."

I already liked thear guys. That sent it to the next level.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Are you allowed to give raises? If so, give that guy a raise.

13. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

[QUOTE='Boro
    Don't stop(Butch) beleavin'(Butch) hold on to that feeling....(We want Gruden) Fixed my post.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Great to hear. Most people I've talked to this week think that Kentucky win was some sort of accomplishment.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

[itch bay] has taken a top 5 team and lost 4 games with them. Wish people could get that through their heads.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It was funny. Was the last thing I expected to come out of hours mouth.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Getting old makes you slower not dumber.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The older I get, the dumber I seem to feel. Tell me that turns around at some point.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I guess you would have to define dumber in your mind. As the saying goes, wisdom comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions. So the older you get the more bad decisions you have the opportunity to make.

If we learn from our mistakes then I should be a fricking genius.

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

Never settle for fricking genius. Always go for bona fide genius.