Let's Quit Messing Around...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 6, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the older one gets, the more realistic they become about their own talents. We all think we're pretty damn clever when we start adulthood.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Wise words

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

One of the things I've learned in life is that I'd starting to know what I don't know.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And as a parent, this is the most maddening thing. My kid don't know what they don't know, and you try to help them and they laugh in your face.

5. Oldvol75

Mine are 27 and 24, the older one is starting to come around, the younger one still thinks his mom and I are idiots. It just takes time.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"Dad, I'm five. I know everything."

-My son

7. Oldvol75

You've also reached Smokey and the Bear level parenting. That's the moment you realize that Jackie Gleason was not being funny when he uttered those famous lines, "There's no way you came from my loins!"

8. NorrisAlan

http://wjhl.com/2015/11/04/peyton-manning-considers-coaching-vols-after-retiring-from-nfl/

Not sure if this is a new statement by Manning or just a rehash from earlier in the year.

No way Manning could work for Jones, though. For one, Jones' ego could not handle it. He would no longer even be on campus as far as the fans were concerned, and the media would be CLAMORING for Manning to do the weekly presser. You would need a head coach with even MORE gravitas than Manning to have him on staff. Now, if only someone out there had that kind of mojo that could handle having Manning under him...

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Pieces falling into place....

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

Soon

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And a coach who would have Manning's respect. No way manning is working in Butch's offense.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still find the idea of manning being on staff as a QB coach hard to believe

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep. I just don't see it happening.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

"Peyton, let me educate you."

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He would do it for one person if asked.

Other than that, he will be a big piece in the background.

16. NorrisAlan

This made me laugh.

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Arizona 6-6. No thanks