Local Radio Callers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My favorite 99 morning show moment was when Dearstone was going on about how hockey teams moved cities but kept their original names, and which no longer made sense with their new market.

He then cited the Hartford Whalers as Exhibit A. And when questioned about how asinine the statement was, proceeded to argue that there weren't and whales in the Atlantic Ocean.

Priceless.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would have given up a nut to be able to get Dearstone on the line during the whale argument. Can you imagine how it would go...."Dearstone - I've seen them..." .... Dearstone --> "No you haven't...but 'preciaaaate it.'

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just throwing this out there... the "great American novel" Moby [penis]... written about whales off the coast of Connecticut. Awkward.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

His rich and detailed knowledge of Nantucket limericks failed him.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd ask him if he thought Hartford Whalers might have something to do with his perceived lack of whales in that ocean.

Give him bread crumbs to his idiocy.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dearstone is apparently on Twitter......find his screenname people!

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I've never heard someone with more opinions that were absolutely atrocious than Dearstone. Never. Not even close.

8. hallowed_hill

I've never heard someone with more opinions that were absolutely atrocious than Dearstone. Never. Not even close.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

MHF? Gibbs?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy crap forgot about Gibbs. Is he still over there talking about how Fulmer was just about to take over the SEC when he was fired and how Obama is an extreme right winger?

11. hallowed_hill

Meant in the professional realm. Should have sated that caveat.