POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

From a geopolitical POV the CIA playing Game of Thrones with Central/South America govts essentially the last 50 years didn't exactly help make that region of the world more viable of an option than what China could offer when it came to who got to benefit from the off shoring of American manufacturing at the expense of the American working class.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep, China is now a mid-cost geography. This also gives corporations cover in pulling out even though we all know it's more politics than cost. Either way it's a good thing, but businesses love to hide some intentions.

Poppa T likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

vietnam is the new move for that region but if businesses didn’t already have sunk cost in china they’d already be out.

the issue there is that the Chinese can’t maintain or build without western countries doing the work. They’re [uck fay]ed so them joining Russia or totally bending the knee to us is the only options on the table for them.

America is still the leader for high end and low end. what we’re going to struggle with is the middle stuff and I think Mexico is going to soak that up.

Also we’re going just going to have way less cheap gadget shit I’d say moving forward, if i were guessing

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep, Mexico makes so much sense. Longer term we could do a lot of good in South America by expanding into other countries.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I appreciate the discourse. Open to all that have a thought. Talk to me like I'm your kid.

1. Please explain.

2. Serious questions.
    What do you think is/are the root cause(s) of our problem(s)?
    What do you think is/are our solution(s)?
    Is there one?
    Can we change the "features" to dissuade "selfishness"?

3. I did not mean to infer "evil". Probably too Pollyannaish, but in my mind being selfish to the detriment of your fellow man is bad. Human nature or not. Especially if you have a position of power to do so.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not going to talk to you like a child but I’ll talk you man to man.

The root cause of our biggest problems is we don’t have real money or and real food isn’t the norm which causes a weak and sick society with a huge wealth disparity due to not being able to save and having your wealth sucked away from you.

We’re all selfish. The key is creating a system that doesn’t let a select few have all the power through cronyism and politically

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I did not say "child". I said like "your kid". IOW, honestly, so I can understand. I appreciate your response.

By "real" money, I assume you mean anchored by gold (or a similar hard asset). Does bitcoin meet that criteria? If so, how? Can the server farm impacts be justified?

By "real food", I assume you are referring to corporate conglomerates' take over of our land, food, processing and distribution. I agree this is a major concern to me. The individual/regional farmer needs the support/breaks rather than the corporations. Individuals can influence the system or the system can influence the individual. It will take individuals to create such a system.

From my POV individuals develop, influence, and control the system. We have allowed individuals (in government and corporations) to define control the system (and us) to their selfish benefit.

This is why I am so disappointed that my fellow citizens have decided that tribal loyalty (Red/Blue) is more important and that someone who is "rich" must be a smart and good leader.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bitcoin as a replacement for gold sounds like a comedy skit

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Id say it would be smart to have a some of both but not all in on either.

I do think Bitcoin overtakes gold in market value though eventually

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

How is bitcoin a "hard stable asset" associated with the gold
    standard?

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Nevermind, you are just referring to investing.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

by real money I mean not fiat that is just a Ponzi scheme and benefits the elite and those at the top because they get to play by a different set of rules that most with the “free”money.

and if they [uck fay] up they can just print more inflating your savings away.

Yeah go back and look at obesity rates increasing and the big jump came after us coming off the Brenton Woods system in the 70’s as we started using cheaper processed food to offset the debasing our money.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s definitely a hard asset but I think the stable part will come as the asset matures and we get more shake out of the crypto market.

there’s crypto and then Bitcoin. The others are basically registered securities and I wouldn’t touch them till we get clarity through regulations. just like the dot com bust most are going to zero, but the ones that survive will be transformative

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Cartel makes that extremely difficult

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's go kill them

zehr27 and CardinalVol like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Or just legalize most narcotics.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Heroin and Cocaine is what the cartel runs off of and I'm not sure we want those drugs to be legal.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why?

It’s already in every town and city across America, and is widely available.

War on drugs and war on poverty only made both worse.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Legalizing doesn't mean make readily available. Removing the legal issue may allow more people to freely seek help and treatment. May make some more vocal about a problem because they know it isn't going to get a loved one struggling arrested.

NorrisAlan likes this.